ARE WE ALLOWED THESE?????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ARE WE ALLOWED THESE?????????

Post  madeinengland on Fri May 21, 2010 10:44 am

was attempting to cook my gallete yesterday and made an absolute hash of it. it's fair to say the me and the kitchen do not mix.was getting in quite a mess when my wife handed me these oatcakes that she has been eating recently (she is on weight watchers) .they are called 'nairns organic oatcakes,rough oatmeal. the ingredients are:
organic wholegrain oats(89%),organic sunflower oil,organic palm fruit oil,sea salt,raising agent:sodium bicarbonate. i am a bit sceptical about the oil in them but do you think they would be allowed instead of making a gallete? their nutritional value are per oatcake:

energy 183kj
protein 1.1g
carbs 6.0g
of which sugars 0.1g
fat 1.7g
saturates 0.5g
fibre 0.8g
salt 0.1g
sodium 0.1g

also are we allowed QUORN products on attack or are they best kept for PV days?

and what about protein shakes?are we allowed them?

madeinengland
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

:)

Post  helena on Sat May 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Just keep your carbs under 20g for PP days and under 60 g for PL days. Plan food for whole day, sit down and just see how much carbs and fats is that. If it fulfill these conditions you can eat it. There's great software called FitDay. You can find it on the net! Using that its easy to keep in track what you eat and how much carbs and fats you take. I start it every morning, just pick type of food from the list provided and amount of it and FitDay calculate how much proteins, carbs, fats I will consume that day. If it doesn't fit to conditions I just make changes.
Good luck!
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARE WE ALLOWED THESE?????????

Post  madeinengland on Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 am

cheers for that. not dissimilar to the atkins plan then 20g of carbs a day.

madeinengland
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

veggies

Post  helena on Mon May 24, 2010 12:46 pm

madeinengland wrote:cheers for that. not dissimilar to the atkins plan then 20g of carbs a day.
Dukan and Atkins are similar considering carbs, but with Atkins there's almost no limitation with fatty food and with Dukan fat is lower as possible, no oil on salad or during cooking, no fried stuff, considering meat, only lean mean can be consumed.
On PL days you can eat veggies at every meal and more than 60 g of carbs, but more carbs you take, the slowest progress you'll make, so...
Today is my PL day and I planed to eat: cup of broccoli, cup of cauliflower, cup of mushrooms, clove of garlic, flax seeds, tomato, lettuce, lemon juice fresh, cup of cottage cheese, chicken breast and shrimps. All together have about 30g of carbs only, but its great amount of food and I'm not hungry.
The key is to pick veggies with low carbs such are broccoli, spinach, asparagus (everything green), cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, mushrooms. You can eat them as much as you want, you will still be in low carb diet and your PL phase wont slow your weight loss.
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  madeinengland on Mon May 24, 2010 2:07 pm

cool. was on the atkins for a bit and lost 16lb. didn't like the 'cooking everything in butter' Shocked part of it so when the dukan was brought to my attention i thought sounds good to me.

madeinengland
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  madeinengland on Mon May 24, 2010 2:07 pm

what about protein shakes? any experience on good ones to get or keep away?

madeinengland
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helena on Mon May 24, 2010 2:27 pm

stay away from fruit and nuts. If you want great protein shake buy protein powder Whey and just mix it with water. But I would not recommend protein shakes, drink water and eat allot of meat. None of us are training as professional bodybuilder and we don't need all that protein. With food I take about 150g daily, its more than enough even if I exercise. To build muscles and if you're lifting weights 5-6 times a week, you should eat 1g of protein per pound of your weight. I'm not even 140 pounds and eating 150g daily. It would be really unnecessary to drink protein shake additionally. If you don't like to eat all that meat you can drink protein shake but not with fruits and milk and all that stuff. Go to the fitness store and buy Whey protein powder.
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clare on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't understand this business about carbs.

The Dukan diet book says nothing (certainly not as far I as I have got so far - 100 pages or so) about limiting carbs to 20g per day. If it is deliberately targeting a low carb environment (rather than a high protein but low fat environment), why is it ok to eat zero fat dairy? If you look at stats for zero fat natual yoghurt, for example, you will see that a zero fat pot of yoghurt is very high in carbohydrate. Whereas a full fat pot of yoghurt will have relatively low carbohydrate.

Full fat yog is advocated on the Atkins diet for that reason - ie its low in carbs.

Why is it ok to pull in more carbs through low fat yoghurt? And where does it say in the Dukan book that you need to measure and limit carbs to 20g? I thought the point of this diet was that you don't need to measure things out as long as you stick to the strict approved list? Have people decided that this does not work for everyone?javascript:emoticonp('Sad')

clare
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re the yoghurt question on this topic

Post  mkw on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi, Ive just started this diet, and truely understand where Pierre Dukan is coming from, however i don't understand the low fat dairy scenario. I can see the sense in what he says but then he says you can have Fat Free FRUIT Yoghurt. I have had this and its lush, however its got carbs in it. Please can someone explain this to us.
Thank you. Question

mkw
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:34 am

The fat-free fruit yoghurts Dr Dukan refers to are the ones made with fruit puree - not actual fruit pieces. And then the limit is 2 pots a day I think.

Claire
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top