no weight loss in attack phase

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  jillr on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi
I have been attack phase for 7 days now and apart from putting on 3/4lb there has been no weight loss. I have done evrything by the book, no sneaky foods at all. My husband has lost over 5lbs. I do have an underactive thyroid which I thought was under control - help - it's so depressing!

jillr
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: no weight loss in attack phase

Post  Iella on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I've found it helps to keep a food diary and write down everything you eat (I don't bother with weighing as I eat as much as I want but I found the quantities I wanted actually decreased after a couple of days)

- have you for example been having yoghurts as deserts after every meal/frying stuff ??
- have you managed to get in your 30 mins walking every day (and could you perhaps increase this a bit ?)
- are you due on - water weight can have a huge difference

If in doubt my advice would be to keep on with it but keep it simple - ignore the recipes on the forums for a few days and just stick to basics ie

Breakfast - Prawns / One Egg omlette
Mid Morning Snack - Sliced Chicken Tikka
Lunch - Tuna/Chicken with Cottage Cheese
Afternoon Snack (or early evening) - Oat Bran Pancake
Evening Meal - Salmon/Steak/Chicken Breast with Cottage Cheese and Chives

Hope it goes well for you and please don't give up as this diet definately works Smile

Iella
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jillr on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply - that's why it is so depressing.
Answering your questions -
Yes I do keep a food diary, yes I only drink water, am doing about 45 mins walk 2 times a day, no frying food at all (only grilling). I am not making fancy recipes all plain and yes - oat gallette in afternoon. Yoghurts only 1 this week.
I am now counting calories aswell!
It's interesting as I have had a low carb diet for last 10 years, basically protein and salads, no cakes, bickies ever - but weight has increased - hence me attacking it - or trying to.

jillr
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iella on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:59 pm

jillr wrote:It's interesting as I have had a low carb diet for last 10 years, basically protein and salads, no cakes, bickies ever - but weight has increased - hence me attacking it - or trying to.

Ahh - I think you have the answer there.

This diet works really well for dieters like me aka lousy diet full of carbs as its helps to control the cravings and helps the body get rid of all the excess water its taken on to try to cope with the sugar overload. In your case you're body hasn't taken on all the excess water as you're not filling it full of sugar so you've nothing to lose except fat, which if you normally have a restricted diet anyway, will be harder as your body has adapted to needing less fuel as its not there in abundance most of the time.

This is all guesswork as I'm not a nutritionalist but it could well be the issue - unfortunately my only suggestion is to actually eat more - convince you're body it doesn't need to conserve calories - by eating protein frequently so its getting low calories but every 2 hours or so.

Iella
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clare on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Iella wrote:
jillr wrote:It's interesting as I have had a low carb diet for last 10 years, basically protein and salads, no cakes, bickies ever - but weight has increased - hence me attacking it - or trying to.

Ahh - I think you have the answer there.

This diet works really well for dieters like me aka lousy diet full of carbs as its helps to control the cravings and helps the body get rid of all the excess water its taken on to try to cope with the sugar overload. In your case you're body hasn't taken on all the excess water as you're not filling it full of sugar so you've nothing to lose except fat, which if you normally have a restricted diet anyway, will be harder as your body has adapted to needing less fuel as its not there in abundance most of the time.

This is all guesswork as I'm not a nutritionalist but it could well be the issue - unfortunately my only suggestion is to actually eat more - convince you're body it doesn't need to conserve calories - by eating protein frequently so its getting low calories but every 2 hours or so.

That may be the answer for some, but not all. I've never done a high protein low carb diet in my life. Havent been on a diet for at least 2 years, I've been on the Dukan Diet for 9 day now. Yes, following everything to the tee. Currently half a pound below my starting weight; have been up to 2 pounds above starting weight; never below 1 pound below starting weight. Am going to give it one more week to check for possibility of extreme water retention in the week before period and/or constipation. Otherwise, stuff it, I'll go back to the old fashioned diet that has always very slowly worked for me in the past - that involves lots of fruit, all bran, veggie soups and dry toast .... there's only so long you can stick at a diet without showing anything; I think 3 weeks is fair enough.

clare
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top