Started Dukan Yesterday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Started Dukan Yesterday

Post  Miv on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi fellow Dukaners
On day 5 of attack and lost 3 lbs. Would have liked more better than nothing. Rolling Eyes

Miv
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don't give Up

Post  little piggi on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 am

Hi All,

Well where to start... this is probably the first diet since years I am actually willing to try. I am so much into it that I even go my other half to join in.
Obiously we all have our own reason why we are going to go on the dukan diet... mine is that I cannot look at any pictures taken off me without thinking how fat I look... my wedding is coming up in five month time and I cannot bare the thought that I will look like a whale in my wedding dress - AND my hubby looking like a tubby. We had a chat last night and realised that in the 7 years we are together we've put on 15kg in total and that's what we want to loose... anyway long story short;

Starting weight; 84.5kg - need to be 69.5kg by December.

Now I do wonder if I am just looking for a quick fix and how well I will adjust to the real world once the diet finishes - will I put the weight back on straight away or will I have learned my lesson... I've searched the web, trying to find somebody who has lost a lot of weight with the Dukan diet and actually has kept it off for a long time... I guess once the diet is over people leave the forums and return to their normal lives...

Right, I must not ramble on... good luck everyone!!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hope it goes well

Post  Miv on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:31 am

Hi
I hope you have success with Dukan. Very Happy I started at 12st 13ib and have lost 6ibs in twelve days. I am nearly 60 so I think ths is why the weigh loss is a bit slow. I want to get down to 10st 1ib.
First week on diet was odd. I had insomnia for a couple of days. I am never really hungary but my stomach is very noisy and growling lots loving the fat free dairy stuff and oat bran. Like drinking the diet coke not drunk this for years.
I had my birthday last week and was taken out for 2 meals so Iam back on attack for a few days. HAve resisted the chocs I have been given tongue
I followed Atkins diet for a few years and keep most of weight off but the pounds have slowly crept back. Figured Dukan was asimilar principle but without all the fat.
Good luck with your diet.
Jane

Miv
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

brilliant

Post  little piggi on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:55 am

I am amazed to say the least... I've got on to the scale this morning and yes, I've really lost 800 grams which is amazing. Even when I used to swim every day and run on the weekends I've never managed to do this.

Obiously this isn't going to always be like that and I will get harder but I must admit the scale might just turn into my new best friend Smile

I think the constant weight dropping is the key to this diet - it is very motivating and must be one of the biggest reasons why people stick to it. Usually when people go on diets exercise is such a big part in the program they the body starts to build muscels first so the weight on the scale doesn't change for the first couple of weeks... but most people would have given up by then!

and I am rumbling again....

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I am amazed

Post  little piggi on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 am

I've just weight myself this morning and I am down to 81.9kg. There is still a lot of weight to loose but I am happy to see the scale moving into the right direction.

My other half has had a brilliant start himself; he lost 1.1kg since yesterday - that will keep him going for a while. That is it for the AF for us - we've done it now for 5 days (after today) and will start to eat vegetables again.
The way we are going is 3/4 and 4/3 which will add up to the same amount of days in the month (I've read in the book that as long as you do it in turns and it gives you the same amount of days of P and P&V a month you will be alright.) we think that eating just protein during the week is fine because it is just work/home etc. but over the weekend we love to sit down and really enjoy a good meal so it is a lot nicer to have vegetables on the plate.

I am still worried that after all the work we are putting in that one day we will just stop and go back to our old ways... but I guess only time will tell.

Once people will make positive comments to my future husband I know he will stick to it... once he is in I have no escape!! This clearly shows that I myself have no willpower what's-o-ever but doing it with him just makes it so easy (especially since he is a chef and prepares all our measl:))!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

back on track

Post  little piggi on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:26 am

I had dinner with my friend on Saturday - I've choosen a Japanese restaurant thinking it might be the best Dukan option and yes it really worked well... I had some soup and chicken but stayed away from the rice.

IF I would have left the wine I think I would have not put any weight on... me being me I had a few glasses and the scale showed 200grams more which isn't to bad considering - on Monday the scale went up another 200grams which was a worry but I've lost it all again and I am not 80.6 - Yes I could have done better and stayed at home, not drinking but this is a long term comittment and to be honest with you, it will make me stay on the diet for a long longer!

Strangely enough - my other half has been really good BUT his weight has gone up over the last couple of days - I really hope this will not make him giving up as I really need him with me... !!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I am in trouble

Post  little piggi on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 am

It all started so well, the first two weeks I've lost kg after kg and was very happy with it all... unfortunately week 3 is not looking good.

I am still sitting on 80.4 - the scale went down to 80.1 and then back up to 80.5 and 3 days after back to 80.4. Why ... well I really don't know. I have not changed anything, have not eaten things I've shouldn't and didn't have a drink!!!

Yesterday I had some jogurth and oat brans for breakfast and then some nice beef curry (not much sauce, no coconut cream and not tomatoes with it!!) for dinner I had an egg omlett with ham... nothing wrong with that is there? and still the scale just didn't go down - I am drinking lots of water too?!!

I realise that my amazing weightloss couldn't go on forever but surely I should have lost some weight since Sunday - it has been 3 days!!!!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  little piggi on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:45 am

Yes I have reached the 70is!! Only but 100 grams but still - I am very happy with that.

In theory I wanted to reach it by last week but somehow that didn't really work out. I tried to remember my weight over the last couple of years and I can remember that I was around 73 - 75kg four years ago. Since then my weight has just gone up and up. It's a funny thing weight gain, I actually believe that a lot of people (including myself) at first don't realise that they've put on weight. In saying that, I remember the most beautiful dress I've ever bought (I still have it now... it was rather expensive!!) and I just felt great in it... I just loved the way I've looked and the way people looked at me at the wedding (not my wedding)... anyway, I tried to wear the same dress just about 9 month later and the zip didn't go right up... desperate as I was I put a black sash around the top so nobody could see that it didn't fit me right... BUT the whole time wearing the dress I almost bursted into tears because it wasn't the same anymore...
So wearing this dress again comfortably is my next goal. I want to get the feeling back - loving what I wear and be comfortable sitting down, dancing and not have to hide behind a jacket or a big scarve... I've mentioned this in another post that getting ready to go out on a Saturday night spoils the night... spending hours trying on clothes that don't fit and knowing that I will have to put something on I don't like in the end!

So it's my birthday in 3 days let's hope the weight will be 78 kg by then!!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  little piggi on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:21 am

Another 400 grams gone!

No rambling today just a few observations;

1. I've stopped snacking in work --- I used live in the kitchen, eating fruits, jog., cereal etc.. Now I am eating 2 teaspoons of oats with 4 tea spoons of jogurt in the morning and that's it

2. I am not eating until my tummy hurts - I used to eat eat eat until I had to sit on the couch rubbing my tummy - now I eat a small portion and then stop - before the pain even starts

3. I've only lost 4.5kg so far so it's not that I have to run out and get a complete new wardrobe BUT I can see how my clothes fit me better... my tummy isn't sticking out as much and for some weird reason I believe my arms gotten smaller (not to sure if that's true or not!).

4. I am still struggling a little bit with sleeping at night - but at the same time I don't have nana naps anymore - I do have a lot more energy

5. we've cut down on a lot of alc. which is great but god I wish I could have a glass of wine - right now!!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

79.00kg

Post  little piggi on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:24 am

Yes I have put on some weight alright BUT it was my Birthday on the weekend - we've choosen a Japanese restaurant thinking we can just have raw fish etc. but a lot of the stuff we've got was fried - so the morning after I went up to 80.1kg - not bad considering the amount of alcohol and food we had... the scale went down again yesterday and today so I am back to where I was last Friday. This seem to happen a lot, loosing weight during the week but putting it on over the weekend... I am still amazed how easy it all is and this has mainly to do with my other half, he is just brilliant in finding new ways of making our dinners just so tasty!!

I will be so happy if the scale goes down to 78... something tomorrow... !!!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  little piggi on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 am

Last week was just terrible - I could not loose any weight, to make things worse the scale went even up back to 80.00kg. I am not sure what changed but every day this week I've lost between 200 and 400grams a day. We haven't really had any major nono's to eat so far but I can see how in the near future I might need something to cheer me up. oh no actually, we still have a glass of wine every night and it doesn't stop the weight loss which really helps. I am really happy how things are going with this diet... another 8 weeks and the worst (which isn't bad at all) will be over.

I am looking forward to start looking at wedding dresses, trying them on and actually feel good in them!! I've made myself promise that I will never cross the 80kg line.... EVERY. Being overweight is one thing but being obeese is another... we have so much more energy now it is fasinatic what being overweight does to you. People always say how jolly big/fat people are but really we are not, we are getting tired a lot sooner then skinny people, we hate going shopping, we don't like the way we look when we are going out.... !!

Anyway, I think my worst week (last week) has just shown me that doing it with my other half is the best decision we've ever made, we supported each other and didn't let the other one give up!!

xx

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re: last week was just terrible...

Post  hlinds on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I think you are doing fine, I know it is frustrating not seeing the scales move or actually see it going in the wrong direction. I was almost brought to tears when my scale went up almost 2 pounds. I decided I had not drank enough water and had to much salt intake, because the next day it was gone. Keep pushing the water intake and hang in there. I have the weakest willpower of anyone I know and if I can keep going I am sure you can too. Kudos to you and your husband for beginning this journey together - I think it is just fantastic and it will make you a stronger couple. Sincerely, Heidi from Texas

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  little piggi on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:27 am

Firstly please be advised that I am fully aware of the fact that this is totally wrong but still - yesterday I had no time for breakfast or dinner and at around 4pm we had to visit some friends - as usual they offered us some lovely wine which we could not refuse - two bottles later plus a massive amount of cheese... god it was good we came home (they live just across the road from us) lying in bed last night I had horror visions of what our weight will be but NO... I am down to 77kg.

last Thursday I was 78.4 then I had a huge amount of wine and cheese and I am down to 77.0kg today... I am completely aware of the fact that I will pay the price tomorrow but still, isn't it amazing that the wine or cheese (soft and hard you name it!!) didn't do anything yet!

Today 5 weeks ago we've started this journey and yes we are delighted with the weight loss I think now the time has come when we start to struggle... I have food in my mind I've never missed but now suddently I have the urge for some crunchy bread etc. We must keep it up for another 7 weeks and then we should be done. Respect to all the people who have been doing this for weeks and weeks... !!!!

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Started Dukan Yesterday

Post  mummymouse on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Hey Little piggi

Cute name by the way Laughing

You are doing amazingly well. You are on the right road. YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL!!!!!!

This is NOT A QUICK FIX THOUGH. you need to be on this diet for 5 days per pound you loose. This is the consilodation Phase. You must stick to it, as this will train your body, that it WILL NOT gain weight after you spent all that time and effort loosing it.
Then you will go on to Stabilization Phase for certain amount of time.
You MUST follow this diet to the very end. Don't undo what you have managed to loose , by stopping. The bok says at the end of each chapter how many of us will give up at this point. DO NOT BE ONE OF THEM.

I am so so so happy for you and your partner. And what a way to walk down the isle!! all slim and confident with an air of knowledge that every eye will be on you and thinking WOW WHAT A STUNNING BRIDE.

Remember you are already beautiful inside and out. Loosing weight is about confidence and self worth.

Keep up the good work. Please keep reading your book, as much as possible. it is so important to know it inside and out, cover to cover as it reaffirms what you need to know.

I can't wait to see your next entry. You are inspiring so many people by letting them read your story. it will be you that someone suddenly thinks " wow she has done so well, so can i"

You truely are a Dukan Diva on the trail of Dukan fever Laughing

Hugs MMxxx

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

cheese....

Post  little piggi on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:56 am

Well where to start - as you guys know, I had a massive amount of cheese and wine on the weekend... the scale was very friendly to me on Monday but god that all changed on Tuesday I was up 1.2kg as we all know it was only water and the scale was alright today... well in saying that, we had yet another dinner invite and had some lovely cheese once again with even more wine!

I guess we are at the stage where we no longer want to hide at home and actually go for dinner etc. it has been over five weeks now and if it makes us gain a little bit of weight this week and so will be it!! We are not worried at all because we know that we will go back into our boxes again and will stick to the diet. Dukan diet is great in loosing all the weight but it is a long term committment and there will be the ocasional hick-ups! Reading all the posts it seems that people trying really hard to stick to the diet and once they had a little slip up they just give in and say, I must start again on a later day because I've made a mistake - NO I do not agree with that, you cannot tell me that after the dukan diet you will never be naughty again so why giving up just because you ate a piece of cake- stick to it as much as you can and as long as you can but do not give up just because you had a bad day... just try again the next day! Over the last five weeks we have followed every single rule and not once eaten something we should not have and yes it all worked fine but god I've missed the cheese... so after two piggi days I am happy for another 5 weeks:)

With learned where we have gone wrong in the past as in portion sizes, the amount of oil we are using, all the carbs etc. and I think or well hope that we have learned out lesson and once the weight is off we will never let it come back again!!

enough for today...

little piggi
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Started Dukan Yesterday

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top