Linda's Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Linda's Log

Post  Linda on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:03 am

Hi, I'm Linda. I began the Dukan diet on 4.6.10 (Aussie time).
Starting weight 115.1kg
Projected weight after 5 days Attack 108kg
Goal weight 81kg

I'm going to treat specific posts on this thread as different topics. So I'll come back and edit this one day after day until the Attack phase is finished. I'll respond to any comments in extra posts underneath.

My first impression is that losing 7kg in just 5 days seems a little ambitious. It does not take into account that I just came off four days of all liquid diet (without weighing before or after) and went straight into this. So it will be interesting to see how much I actually do lose. For the first five days, I'm going to record weight from each morning weigh in and then decide if I should go on to Cruise or persevere in Attack until reaching the Attack goal.

Day 1
Weight 113.6kg; Loss of 1.5kg
It was easy. I love protein foods.

Day 2
Weight 113.3kg; Loss of 0.3kg
Experimenting with various types of low fat dairy. I may have experimented too much, resulting in much lower weight loss. Will be more conservative tomorrow.

Day 3
Weight 113.0kg; Loss of 0.3kg; Overall loss of 2.1kg
It's becoming obvious I'm not going to lose the predicted 7kg on Attack. I'm not hanging out for other foods though, so I think I'll stay on Attack for a full 10 days unless the loss stalls altogether.

Day 4
Weight 112.8kg; Loss of 0.2kg; Overall loss of 2.3kg
Slower than I hoped for and unless I miraculously lose over 4kg tomorrow, the calculator was way out. This means it will probably take twice as long to reach my goal weight as the calculator predicted. Typically, for me, diets work until I reach 109-110kg and then come to a permanent halt, no matter what I do. If I go beyond that on this one it will be some sort of triumph, but I really do want to be slim again. I really hope it works and will persevere at least until Christmas. That's when the calculator said I'd be ready for phase 3. It's looking extremely doubtful but even if I break through a few more kilos beyond the usual stopping point, it might be worth continuing. I just have to see if my body can handle going on. So ... Christmas is D day for this diet. Does it work for me, where so many others have failed? We shall see.

Day 5
Weight 112.5kg; Loss of 0.3kg; Overall loss of 2.6kg
A steady loss of 200-300g per day is okay with me. This is Attack phase though. Since I haven't stalled in weight loss, I plan to continue this phase for a full 10 days. Halfway through Attack now. I'm happy but not satisfied. Not satisfied in that I don't even count weight loss as beginning until I get down to my previous best (108kg in 2008). That's not so far off. The first goal is in sight.

Day 6
Weight 112.1kg; Loss of 0.4kg; Overall loss of 3.0kg
As you can imagine, I'm quite excited about this and glad I continued after the first five days to do the full 10 days. At this rate there's still time to lose another kilo on Attack before going on to Cruise.

Day 7
Weight 111.7kg; Loss of 0.4kg; Overall loss of 3.4kg
Loving this. It's exciting to see the weight fall off and my clothes fit better.

Day 8
Weight 111.5kg; Loss of 0.2kg; Overall loss of 3.6kg
A bit slower yesterday but still not to bad. Two more days to go on Attack. I'd really like to make it to a 4kg loss.

Day 9
Weight 111.8kg; Gain of 0.3kg; Overall loss of 3.3kg
Yesterday I felt bloated, clogged up and ill. I knew my stomach wasn't working correctly and probably overdosed on dairy because it was more soothing than meat. No surprise there is a gain this morning and I'm not the first to have that happen. I feel better today. One more day on Attack. Let's see if the gain corrects. If not, it doesn't matter because I'm on Cruise after that anyway. On Cruise I plan to record my weight just once a week. That said, I'll weigh more often than that to see what is working and what isn't.

Day 10
Weight 111.3kg; Loss of 0.5kg; Overall loss of 3.8kg
That's the end of my Attack Phase. It's a good weight loss. although it's only a little over half what the Dukan website calculator predicted. I'm happy with it and will now move on to Cruise.

Last edited by Linda on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information.)
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Hi Linda

Post  tiff82 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:54 am

Hi there Linda, a fellow aussie on the dukan, how nice! sounds like you are doing great so far. How are you finding the attack phase? this is my 4th day on the attack phase and i am really looking forward to the reintroduction of vegies!

tiff82
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Problems Along the Way

Post  Linda on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:58 am

Constipation:
Experiencing this on the second and third days of Attack. I'm doing the bran and water requirements, as well as exercising, so it's just caused by the change in food - not enough fibre for my body. I had diverticulitis, which has put me in hospital several times, so constipation is not an option for me. It's serious. I took a couple of senekot tablets and that has fixed it for now.

Earache:
I've had a bad earache for the last day and woke up with it being too painful to chew this morning. Doctor's appointment this afternoon. If she gives me antibiotics, I hope they don't interfere with the diet.

Pimples:
Honestly, this diet is causing me more pimples than the average teenager. I've heard it said that has something to do with toxins forcing their way out. One thing is certain - sugar, chocolate and fat are not the only things that cause pimples. I'm not eating any of those. So don't tell your teenager that. It's an old wives tale.

Fluids:
My job is school teaching. I'm just going back into casual work. I can't leave a classroom of children to visit the toilet. Nor do I have time to go if I'm on playground duty, which, for a casual teacher, is most days. This means I am unable to go to the toilet for up to four hours at a time. It becomes impossible to drink the amount of water we have to and hold on for that long, particularly for someone who has had children and generally has to run to make it in time anyway. I will have to leave most of my fluid intake until after work because it's the only way I can keep my job.

Last edited by Linda on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:28 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Re: Linda's Log

Post  Linda on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:10 am

Hi Tiff. It's great to see another Aussie around here. At least someone will understand me talking in kilos rather than pounds. I'm really enjoying the Attack phase. It's such a great excuse to eat my favourite foods - meat and fish. I might not stop Attack until I've achieved the calcular's projected weight loss of (14lbs) 7kg. I have a vege garden out the back still full of lovely home grown things I'm presently feeding to my husband. I've been a vege eating fanatic all year (always really). So that will be nice, but only if it doesn't slow the weight loss permanently.

I didn't gain weight by eating too much and lacking exercise. Nor was I a fat kid - in fact, too skinny. I gained weight dramatically when I got pregnant with my first child. Even that wasn't from overeating and lack of exercise. I was selling Avon door to door in a very hilly area, so there was lots of walking most days. Also, we were quite poor back then and often had very little money to spend on food. I couldn't eat much. It was as though my body got sick during pregnancy and couldn't work right anymore. It took over 2 years to lose most of the weight and then I got pregnant again, regaining it all and more. My children are grown up now but my body never got better and it seems like a lifetime of very disciplined eating and dieting, all for nothing. I really hope this works - permanently.

That's what the Attack phase says to me - one more chance to hope.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  tiff82 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:18 am

yes, my weight gain was predominantly from my two pregnancies. Although i must admit for me it was because i considered the pregnancies a licence to eat like a mad woman and i did. After my 1st pregnancy i eventually became stuck at about 8kg heavier than my pre baby weight - (but after gaining 20kg thru the pregnancy i was ok with that). After my second pregnancy i put on 20kg again but was already 8kg heavier.

I am quite pleasantly surprised about how easy this diet has been. As long as i dont let myself get too hungry, (mostly by being unprepared when out), i am easily able to fight the urge to eat high caloric food.

I have similar reservations as you to the introduction pl/po phase bringing weightloss to a halt, but in reality the weightloss should continue as the allowed foods are so much healthier than the choices i was making before embarking on the dukan diet.

I look forward to hearing more about your progress.

tiff82
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Benefits Along the Way

Post  Linda on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:33 am

Asthma Reduction:
As I write this note, I'm on the 8th day of Attack and have lost 3.4kg. Yesterday, I took my preventer twice and my reliever just once. Until now, it had been reliever 4 times a day and still not breathing easily. The only thing changing that was being by the sea. I believe either the weight loss or the absence of wheat products has had a big effect on reducing my asthma.

Clothes fitting better:
Although I'm not down a size yet and won't be for awhile, it feels so much better having my winter clothes comfortable. Most people won't see the effects of the diet anywhere but my face for some time yet. I'm in 4 layers of winter clothing and look like a teddy bear. So does everyone else - even the skinny people. I can't wait to get into summer clothes in a few months time and hear the gasps from those who haven't seen me for awhile.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Cruise Phase - Part 1 - up to 10kgs weightloss

Post  Linda on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:17 am

Pre Dukan weight: 15.1kg
After Attack weight: 111.3kg
Loss on Attack: 3.8kg
Goal weight: 81kg

I'm breaking Cruise into 10 kg sections on this log. It will make me feel like I've hit an intermediate goal by reaching the first 10 kg loss. This one is off to a good start because of attack. I'll set this post up for five weeks and see how that goes.

Week 1 Cruise (days 11-18)
Loss in Week 1: 0.7kg
Overall Loss: 4.5kg
Weight: 110.6kg
The only vegetable I was craving - well craving is too strong - looking forward to, was mushrooms. I had them with scrambled eggs and ham for breakfast this morning. That's exactly what I might have eaten if not on a diet. I almost never eat toast because my body hates wheat.

The plan for Cruise is to weigh myself most days and keep track of weight fluctuations so I can know what works for me and what doesn't. I'll record the weight here each Monday morning so the overall pattern of loss emerges. I'll write notes that might help people researching the diet and coming across this log.

After the first day on PV Igained 200g but my body measurements all went down by 1cm. It will be interesting to see if there is actual weight loss recorded on the scales by the end of a week.

After the second day I'd lost that and another 100g as well, so the trend seems to be slowly downward. I lost more on the measurements too. So I'm now the smallest (by measurement), I've been in 21 years. I'm still 3 kg higher than my lowest weight though. When both of them tell the same story there will be much rejoicing.

Lost another 100 g after my second vege day. That's promising. No gain this time and today is another PP so the scales might be even better tomorrow.

And yes, the scales did move - by 0.5kg. Wow, so happy with that.

Then the next two days they went up and down the same amount for a total weekly loss of 0.7kg.

Week 2 Cruise (days 19-25)
Loss in Week 2: 0.7kg
Overall Loss: 5.2kg
Weight: 109.9kg

Lost 200g yesterday on a PV day. I'm starting to get the vege balance right. It was also a training afternoon, so I did 3 hours of intensive swordsmanship and martial arts training. That must've helped. My conclusion - much more exercise on PV days tips the balance in favour of a downward weight trend.

... or not.... the scales went up again and I'm currently sitting on 110.7. With 4 days to go until official Week 2 Cruise weigh in day, it's not looking like a massive loss at this point in time. Who knows? Let's check that again by the end of the week. I keep losing centimetres though, so I think I'll write another post on this thread soon, outlining those losses. It would be much more encouraging.

110.4 this morning and two more whole days until weigh in - but I blew it. I went to a resaurant and ordered Lemon Chicken. The chicken came deep fried in batter with lemon sauce. I scraped most of that off but did manage to eat some on the way. Then, tonight I ate roast lamb. So I blew it twice - not too seriously, but I have a feeling the scales will tell the story tomorrow.

And the result.... a loss of 300g Smile My food cravings seem to be for meats I can't have - lamb, and especially duck. If I can get away with it like that, I'll do a few more controlled cheats along the way.

Week 3 Cruise (days 26-32)
Loss in Week 3: 700g
Overall Loss: 5.9kg
Weight: 109.2kg

The first 2 weeks of Cruise saw a loss of 0.7kg both times. That's encouraging. If this trend continues, in another 10 weeks, I will have lost another 7kg, making an overall loss of 12kg. That will be early Spring. By the time it is warm enough to wear summer clothes, I should be looking respectably thinner.

First weigh in day this morning (weigh after each PP day). Just 2 days into week 3 of Cruise, I've lost 0.5kg. That's pretty exciting. I seem to have to eat quite a lot to get the best results. That's fine with me Smile.

Four days into week 3 of Cruise and I've lost another 300g, taking my overall loss to 6kg. The interesting thing is, this entire loss of 800g has been in the few days prior to and during TOM. My body feels bloated with water and I had a duck dinner this week. So everything is wrong for such a great weight loss but it's happening anyway. I hope this means that when all the stored water leaves my body in about another week, I'll have a good weight loss for that week as well Smile.

And sure enough, that was the end of it. TOM's playing havock and you would think my body was storing water for emergencies, like a camel or something.

Week 4 Cruise (days 33-39)
Loss in Week 4: Gain of 300g
Overall Loss: 5.5kg
Weight: 109.5

Still storing water like a camel. I'm walking more. Going to Brisbane for a martial arts competition in a few days, so trying to prepare ahead by taking home made allowed foods with me. I'll be staying in someone else's home, making it even more difficult but let's see how this goes.

Yesterday I did an extra PP day to try and get the weight moving. I also turned over a patch of turf for a new vege garden. The result showed on the scales today by slithering down to 108.9 - a 300g loss. I had eggs with tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast.

Another 400g loss today. That's only 300g off losing the first 7kg. The thing is, it doesn't seem like a diet. I'm eating delicious food and plenty of it, not feeling hungry, tired or irritable and yet the weight is still coming off. I can really see myself acheiving goal weight and staying there this time.

Then I went to Brisbane for a taiji tournament. I came beck with a couple of gold medals but also a weight gain. I tried to stick to the diet and did mostly succeed in avoiding carbs. What I couldn't avoid was all the salt and fat in takeaway food. Let's see how long it takes to regain the lost ground. Hopefully I'll register a good loss next week when the salt hold up disappears.

Week 5 Cruise (days 40-46)
Loss in Week 5: 2.8kg
Overall Loss: 8.4kg
Weight: 106.7

Starting week 5 Cruise today. My weight hasn't shifted since I came back from Brisbane. I think all the excess salt in takeaway food is still having an effect. I'd like to go out for a longer walk to up the exercise, but it's raining, and I still have weak feeling joints from all the martial arts training, so have to wait until that heals properly before doing too much exercise. I did PP yesterday and felt like I lost weight. I didn't though. Going to PV today anyway and carrying on as normal. Still hoping to drop the gained weight and get back on the downward slide.

Good news is that I bought a red coat yesterday. It was size 14. I'm still in size 18 clothes but they are very loose on me. 16s are beginning to fit and I shifted the buttons on the size 14 coat, to wear it straight away. I look forward to the day I have to shift the buttons back to their original position. Then I'll be a true size 14, which I haven't been for 24 years.

Next day ...... Wow! I lost a whole kilo in one day. To be fair, 500g of it was the remainder of the water weight retained from eating salty takeaway fish and chicken, in Brisbane. That took almost 3 days to clear from my system. But that still means I've lost an extra half a kilo, bringing my overall weight loss to 7.1 kg in 6 and a half weeks. That's excellent progress for me. Yesterday was a PV day too, making the loss even more dramatic.

Down by another 300g this morning and when I came home after the Bondi to Coogee cliff walk, I was down another 200g. Since I usually go up by about 400-500g during the course of a day, I can't wait to see what the scales say tomorrow morning. At the moment I'm sitting on a 7.6kg loss - nearly 2 kilos more than my last weekly weigh in, with 2 more days to go before the week 5 Cruise weigh in is due. It's all very exciting.

Next day.... what the scales said I lost on the clifftop walk was 700g, not 200g. So my probable estimation was right. This has been a very exciting week with a loss of 2.1kg so far and still all weekend to lose more before weigh in. I'm now down to 107.0kg from a starting weight, just 6 weeks ago, of 115.1kg.

And today, there is another 300g gone. I'm beginning to believe the half teaspoon of cinnamon a day might be helping. They say you get an extra 1kg a month weight loss by doing that. I'm giving it a month's trial to see if my weekly loss rises from the standard 700g to 900g or more. Then I have another one to try - olive leaf extract. At the moment my weight it 106.7kg - a good way into the 9th kilo disappearing.

And just as I was thinking the loss had slowed, I dropped 500g yesterday. With me, it seems that extra exercise is the key to losing it faster. The kid's sword class I teach started again yesterday and I did all the training along with them. That encourages me to increase my own sowrdsmanship training. I'm on a loss of exactly 9kg now. Working on the 10th and the first milestone.

Week 6 Cruise (days 47-54)
Loss in Week: 1.5kg
Overall Loss: 9.7kg
Weight: 105.4kg

Weightloss has slowed this week. That's no surprise really, after the huge one last week. So far, over the last couple of days, I've only lost 100g. But down is down, no matter how slow. Consolidating on a weight that hasn't emerged in over 20 years is a victory for me. Let's see if I can lose some more by the end of this week. I'm only 500g away from a 9kg loss. I'd love to get there during the next 5 days of this week.

Went down overnight by quite a bit - yay! I've hit that 9kg loss.

Managed to scrape down an extra 100g over the last two days. With 2 more days until this week's weigh in. The 9kg loss is now strongly established and I'm working on the 10th - maybe another week or two. Then I'll start a new post for the 11th-20th kilos. This is really exciting. I'm giving away clothes as some of them get too loose, resewing others that I love, and wearing beautiful things I bought in hope a couple of years back. If you're reading this, never give up. I've fought the weight and never given up, for 23 years. This time, it's the real answer. This time I'm going to win that long battle.

And down another 100g the next day. It was a PV day, when I usually gain weight, but yesterday I taught martial arts for three hours, so it went down. That's always hopeful for the weigh in after the next PP day, which is today. Tomorrow I get to see what I've lost for week 6 of Cruise. At the moment I weigh 105.8kg, which is a whole kilo less than this time last week. Yay! I'm so excited to see it going down week by week.

Final weight of 105.4kg brings my weightloss to 9.7kg so far. Next week I'll hit the first goal of 10kg and start a new post at the end of this thread for the second 10kg.

Week 7 Cruise (days 55-61)
Loss in Week: 900g
Overall Loss: 10.8kg
Weight: 104.3kg

TOM is approaching and my weightloss has come to a standstill just as I was excitedly reaching for the tenth kilo. In fact, I'm up 100g today, 105.5kg, grrrr. It's also pouring rain, so all the extra exercise I was planning to speed things up during this time, is not happening. Well, I suppose I could go for long walks in the rain, but it's Winter over here and I'd be risking my health. I'm afraid I'll just have to batten down the hatches and wait this one out. Although .... it would be really nice to lose the last few hundred grams and come out with the 10kg victory this week. After the previous two weeks big losses, it's a bit deflating.

Next day... I'm doing something new with my sequence. My husband and I usually go out for lunch on Friday and if we have a family gathering, it's usually after church on Sunday, so I want both of those days available as PV days every week. I've adjusted my sequence with an extra PP day midweek. Monday. Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday are permanently PP days and the other days are permanently PV days. This leaves my program free for eating better at family lunches. It establishes Thursday as a PP day from the beginning so it will be a well worn habit by the time I need it in forth stage. Also, it means if I have to have an extra PV day here and there, this won't affect the overall result since I have a spare one in reserve every couple of weeks. I lost 200g yesterday, knocking off the 100g that went up yesterday and a second 100g. This takes my weight to 105.3kg and I'm just 200g away from the 10kg mark. Maybe tomorrow, I'll reach it Smile.

And yes, I did. I lost 300g yesterday, making my weightloss since beginning the diet 10.1kg. Now I'm starting a new post down below to document and discuss my weightloss for the second 10kg.

Last edited by Linda on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:54 am; edited 33 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Measurements

Post  Linda on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:32 am

Measurements aren't always accurate. It depends exactly where I measure and how tight the tape is. These details are difficult to judge accurately but I'm putting down the measurements as I took them on the day. Sometimes my weight goes up and the measurements down. It can even go the other way. Overall, the measurements tend to encourage me when the weight is bouncing up and down. I've passed my previous best, which in itself, is encouraging. I feel like I'm winning.

Previous Best (over 21 years)
Chest: 115cm
Waist: 104.5cm
Hips: 126cm
Upper arm: 39cm
Thigh: 65cm

Begin Attack:
Chest: 123cm
Waist: 114cm
Hips: 133cm
Upper arm: 42cm
Thigh: 65cm

End Attack:
Chest: 113cm
Waist: 105.5cm
Hips: 127.5cm
Upper arm: 40cm
Thigh: 66.5cm

Week 1 Cruise:
Chest: 113cm
Waist: 101.5cm
Hips: 125.5cm
Upper arm: 40.5cm
Thigh: 65.5cm

Week 2 Cruise:
Chest: 112cm
Waist: 103.5cm
Hips: 124.5cm
Upper arm: 39.5cm
Thigh: 64.5cm

Week 3 Cruise:
Chest: 112cm
Waist: 99.5cm
Hips: 122.5cm
Upper arm: 39cm
Thigh: 64.5cm

Week 4 Cruise:
Chest: 112
Waist: 97
Hips: 121
Upper arm: 40
Thigh: 63.5

Week 5 Cruise:
Waist: 97
Hips: 122
Upper arm: 39
Thigh: 62

Week 6 Cruise:
Waist: 97.5
Hips: 121
Upper arm: 38.5
Thigh: 62.5

Week 7 Cruise:
Chest: 111cm
Waist: 97cm
Hips: 120cm
Upper arm: 38cm
Thigh: 62.5cm

Last edited by Linda on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:50 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  kimba on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:58 am

From one Aussie to another... I do love the fact I can read your log without having to work out pounds to kilo's, but they are all interesting to me as I get so much from them all. Great Work Very Happy
kimba
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:48 am

Hi Kimba. I read everyone's logs too. It helps give me good ideas, encouragement, and to stay focussed. I'm just back from a taiji competition. It was a challenge to stay on the diet while away and staying at someone's house. I'll hop on the scales tomorrow and see how it all went. I did get a couple of gold medals and also a second place... that adds a bit of weight. No, not the medals... the swollen head Smile.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Medal Win

Post  kimba on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:39 am

Good for you! I started this diet thinking I would be going alone until I found my partner wanted to come along, but all he has done in the last day is tell me how much he wants a beer! It's not too good when someone keeps that temptation in your mind (I would love a red wine) so might have to ditch him from the diet so i don't have to listen to it haha
kimba
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cruise - Part 2 - From 11kg to 20kg Weightloss

Post  Linda on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:31 am

Today I reached my first goal of losing 10kg. This post is for the 11kg - 20kg loss stage of my diet. I'm in Week 7 of Cruise so the recorded statistics will be found in the post above and duplicated in this one, just for this transition week. My diet has 7 stages, not 4. I've divided Cruise into three 10kg chunks, calling them a stage each, and then a final 4kg before going on to consolidation. I find it more motivating to achieve smaller goals along the way, rather than just one big one that will take 6-8 months to reach. This single post will be added to most days of the week until I reach my 20kg mark.

At this stage of my diet I'm doing alternate PV and PP days, with an extra PP midweek to make my food choices fall on the same day every week. By doing this, I establish Thursday as a lifetime PP day, right from the start. I also have Fridays and Sundays reliably PV for family gatherings. If I need an extra PV day for a social occasion, it's covered - at least once a fortnight, because of the extra PP day regularly in there.

Week 7 Cruise (days 55-61)
Loss in Week: 900g
Overall Loss: 10.8kg
Weight: 104.3kg

This is Friday, a PV day, and it is Day 59 of my Dukan Diet journey. I began on June 4th, so I'm coming close to 2 months on the diet. 10kg in 2 months is an amazing loss for me. So far, this week, my weight loss has been small. I've bounced up and down and am presently on a weekly loss of just 400g. There are three more days to go until my regular weigh in, but two of them are PV. Another 300g would be really good for the week. I think part of it is TOM is approaching, and another part is that it's been pouring rain all week so my walking hasn't happened.

Wow, I lost 500g yesterday. With TOM almost here and yesterday being a PV day, this breaks all the rules, but I'm not complaining. There are still two days to go before this week's weigh in and I've already lost 900g. The only thing I did different yesterday was going for my walk anyway, even though it was raining. I don't mind getting wet if it's going to result in a 500g weightloss for the day.

900g weightloss for the week. That's very pleasing. In a day or two I'll be down 11kg.

Week 8 Cruise (days 62-68)
Loss in Week:
Overall Loss:
Weight:

Up 300g today for no apparent reason. Hah! Scales, weigh in was yesterday, so I win! Actually, I think my body might fight a bit, about now. But as the warmer weather comes on (snow yesterday), I'll have more chance to exercise too. Bikini, here I come!

Still up 200g from my best. I measured myself though, and have lost a cm on just about every body part. That's pretty exciting. Starting into my regular midweek 2 PP days now. That might move things a bit faster. My goal for this week is to have lost 11kg. That's only 300g away. I can do it.

Last edited by Linda on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Cruise - Part 2

Post  hlinds on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:24 pm

WOW - Linda 22 pounds in 2 months is just fantastic!!!!!! What a great achievement!!!! I am hoping I can follow in your shoes!!!! Razz I really like your idea of keeping the same PP days and the same PV days every week, I think I will give it a try. Keep up the good work, I enjoy watching your progress it gives me hope.

Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:53 am

People are reading my log Very Happy. Thanks Heidi. That's encouraging. I hope you do really well on your diet.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

reading your logs

Post  mummymouse on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi girls

Have to say you are very organised, i wish i had tracked my weightloss in the same way, so well done. Maybe others will do the same and make it easier to understand and view.

You have done so well, I am jumping up and down for you all. Keep it up girlies, you are an inspiration to all the newbies to come.

Hugs

MMxxx Very Happy

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 am

*Hugs back Very Happy
Linda
Newly Expressive