Andrew from Australia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andrew from Australia

Post  Andrew on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:39 am

Hi everyone - like a couple of Australians already here, I saw a story about the diet on a tv current affairs show and thought why the hell not. I was trying to find a diet that wouldnt unnecessarily and unfairly impact too much on my wife, who is 27 weeks pregnant ant the moment. I was lucky enough to get the book at the first place I tried.

I am trying to slim down a far bit (15kgs - not sure what that is in pounds our UK mates!) before this baby comes. I have been doing a few other things and seen some meagre results, but Dukan with its low carbs , no sugar and low oil makes a lot of sense to me.

I walk about an hour a day. Today is the first day of attack from me - so yeah, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the recipe section as well!

I am just a bit scared about where I will be getting fibre from in attack. I usually have a couple of lots of Metamucil a week, so not sure how I'll go......

Last edited by Andrew on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Andrew
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew from Australia

Post  Linda on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:03 am

Hi Andrew, good to see you here. I also found it on that current affairs program. My book is on the way from the UK. Fibre is my problem too. I'm supposed to eat heaps more of it than this diet allows and it's actually dangerous for me not to. I've chosen to double the oatbran on Attack even though it's probably slowing my weight loss. It still isn't enough so I'm taking senecot. This is not ideal but I don't know what else to do. Other diets haven't worked. If this one does, I have to find a way around the lack of fibre problem some other way. Let me know if you come up with anything better.

Another thing you might find in Australia is that a whole lot of people jumped on the bandwagon all at once, just like us. That means it's suddenly got really hard to get low fat ricotta. I had to get the guys from Aldi to go out the back and grab some tubs off the palette for me this morning, since it had been off both supermarket shelves for three days. I stocked up on 5 tubs.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 am

Hi Linda - I don't eat the ricotta and stuff like that - I have gone the no fat, no sugar yoghurt option. It will be interesting to see how long other people last and whether or not supplies increase!!

I have been using a sugar free metamucil for years, so maybe that will be okay? I also put in more oat bran this morning than required when I mixed it in with the yoghurt, so I will do that for a few days and see what happens.... It is my main concern I must admit- hopefully things get better when vegies are back on the list.

Andrew
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  slimkore on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:31 am

G'day Andrew! I didn't see the TV program like the others mentioned, but read it in the Herald Sun body + soul section. I'm on my 9th day with mild slip-ups here and there. It's hard when you don't own the book, like to attend art gallery openings (wine, cheese, bread) and enjoy alcohol a bit too much, eh?

Keep us posted on your progress. You can follow mine, if you'd like, here. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

Good luck!

Congrats on your journey to fatherhood, btw!
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top