Vegetarian testing out Dukan - counting down from 13st 6lb/85kg!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vegetarian testing out Dukan - counting down from 13st 6lb/85kg!

Post  leeleepop on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:18 am

Height: 5"9 / 177cm

Being a vegetarian will be a little tricky, but i could do with eating more protein anyway. The way i see it, i'll be getting my protein from Quorn pieces/mince/slices, and fat free yoghurts/fromage frois/greek yoghurt and quark.

Day 1: (Tues 06-Jul-10)
Weight: 13st 6 / 85kg

Day1-3: Fuddling through Attack Phase, had chick peas and garden peas which are NOT allowed, but book hadn't arrived at this point. Quorn and fat free yoghurts galore.

Day4-6: Protein only, LOTS of fat free yoghurt/greek yoghurt. Probably too much! Plus plenty of Quorn pieces, Quorn mince and Quorn slices. Feeling pretty tired, noticing the lack of energy.

Day 8: (7 completed days)
Weight: 13st 1lb
Book has arrived, turns out i probably did too many attack days but never mind! Really pleased with the shift downwards in weight. Need to alternate pure-protein/protein-veg days. Also now eating 1.5 tbsp oatbran per day.

Day 9-10: Was at home all day and struggled, i eat too many yoghurts i know i do - plus my 2 cheats have been tomato ketchup featuring too often and not getting the brisk 30mins walking in. Got to start cycling to work, that'll take care of it.

Day 11: Woke up feeling full, i know i'm eating too much, too late at night. I do long shift hours, i can go most of the day eating little-medium amounts, but come the evening after work i really enjoy sitting and eating. GOT to stop myself. I've noticed that Fanta Zero / Sugar-Free Lemonade was a good deterent during Day1-8, but then i ran out.

For dinner, lots of yoghurt, the galette, loads of vegetables and Quorn mince. LOADS of yoghurt during the day, v v bad, just so hard to remind myself not to eat all the time. Missing sugary stuff, so adding sweetner to quite a few things. Not sure i'm allowed a free amount, so need to look that up again.

Day 12:
Weight 13st 2-3lbs. Pretty depressing really, i know it'll be a combination of:

Not enough exercise
Too much ketchup (ANY is too much)
Too many yoghurts (8 in a day, probably about 800-1000g of the stuff)
Too much late night eating.

I need to get a hold of myself now, so far today 2 cups of tea and 150g fat free fromage frois. I have a friend's birthday weekend Day25-27 so would like to be a little lighter for that. Would LOVE to be sensibly in the 12st/<80kg range!

leeleepop
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re: Vegetarian

Post  hlinds on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes, I agree that is a lot of yogurt, but you were not mentioning how much your liquid intake is. I think you need to make sure that is really high - 2 ltrs or more a day it really helps knock the weight off. Don't get discouraged, I think every one has experienced weight going up and down and slowing down while on this diet. I have only been on it for 28 days and have beat myself up quite a few times, which does not help (I have found) Laughing Take care and keep up the good work - by the way what is Quorn pieces/mince/slices is that a type of soy product??? confused

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegetarian testing out Dukan - counting down from 13st 6lb/85kg!

Post  leeleepop on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 am

Hey, thank you for the support!

Quorn is a mycoprotein, probably best described a fungus based product very very similar to soya. It's usually between 95-99% fat free, and very high in protein. It's a real blessing that it's sold in England!! I've never seen it on the continent.

Cheers!

leeleepop
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegetarian testing out Dukan - counting down from 13st 6lb/85kg!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top