[b]My "Dukan Diet Journey"[/b]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[b]My "Dukan Diet Journey"[/b]

Post  Terry19 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:31 am

Right! For those of you who don't knoiw me I'm Terry a 19 year old University student. Since I was a child I have had a HUGE sweet tooth. ( I I love you Bourbon Creams) My weight gain was a steady 2lbs a year untill summer 2008 when I began working at a local restaurant. I am a person who has an unhealthy relationship with food, despite (by my own admission) being a slight hypochondriac. Salad or Chocolate? Chocolate every time! Since working at this restaurant, the stress of my job and resentment of my workplace led me to exact revenge in the form of plundering the chocolates, profiteroles and the odd slice of chocolate cake (you would too let me assure you!) - I have to stay there for another 3 years whilst I finish my degree Crying or Very sad
So here we are today: in July 2008 I weighed in at a healthy 10st 5lbs. Today: 13st 10lbs. BMI = 26 = overweight.
Today is my first week on the diet, I spent 6 days on attack (and had a few slip-ups, namely 2 chocolate bars, 2 sausage rolls and 2 pints)
Now some of you who might be about to start the diet and be a bit sceptical or worried but - from the horse's mouth - IT DOES WORK!!! I lost 12llbs in 6 days! The only side effect was slight tiredness (but I love sleep) and I have to say I NEVER WENT HUNGRY - this, for me is the most important part of the diet. Anyway! That's enough of extoling the Dukan virtues.
So, this is day 1. I am on my first day of the cruise phase (which should last until 16/8/10) and I have 2st 3lbs to lose.
Today was a PL day, I ate chicken tikka pieces with french beans, carrot, babycorn (I know these are forbidden but I couldn't resist) green beans and broccolli. But then I was naughty and had not one.... but 3 Boost bars (I told you I was greedy).
Over the coming moths, I hope to share my "Dukan Diet Journey" my triumphs and falls (there are bound to be a few) and to offer advice and help where I can! PLEASE! feel free to get in touch and I will try and be of assistance!

Terry19
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [b]My "Dukan Diet Journey"[/b]

Post  Simon on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:05 am

Hi Terry,

You've seen some fantastic weight loss! I hear what you're saying about chocolate and pints. I used to consider a greggs pasty washed down with a couple of pints a great snack. So far on my Dukan diet I've been surprised at my lack of craving for a pint (only once, and I didn't have one).

I'm sure it's OK to cheat every now and again, I call it 'going rogue' on Diet. Having a bit of baby corn or a glass of wine with dinner on a special occasion is a drop in the ocean compare to what we were previously eating. Can't see it having too damaging an impact on the diet!
Simon

View user profile http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am

Hi Terry,

There's always a moment or another where you "cheat" on your diet. It's just human. I did it many times, but the most important is to come back to the railtrack right after and not multiply those "step aside".

You started great on this diet, keep it up like this!

Keep us informed about your evolution and good luck :-)

Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dukan-diet.open-board.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry19 on Wed May 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Are we allowed ice cream on the diet - I'm actually beginning to like it more than chocolate???

Terry19
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon on Wed May 05, 2010 8:59 pm

You can make your own ice-cream.

Follow this Dukan diet recipe but put in an ice-cream maker instead of the fridge. Very Happy
Simon

View user profile http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top