Hi I am Peachcat..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi I am Peachcat..

Post  peachcat on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 am

Hi everyone, I found wednesdays daily mail on friday and the Dukan diet article caught my eye, I read with interest.. You see, food that most people can eat on diets are not ok for me!! After 26 years of having a chronic bowel disorder and having bowel surgery resulting in all my large bowel removed, found most diets a challenge as fibre, cereals, fruit salad and veg are very hard for me to digest as my small bowel due to surgery has become very narrow, fibre just irritates my tummy, so my diet is well, quite bizzare and unique to say the least!

I am 45yrs 5ft 7 and weigh 10st 4lb(today) not too bad I know but, according to the dukan diet planner I should be 9st 1lb, which I am very excited about, I started the diet on saturday I was 10 8lb after 8 days stuck in italy all that gellato!!, the protein attack phase has been so easy, and good for my tummy I have been eating a lot of fish, and drinking 2 litres++ of water a day my skin looks amazing!!
I should be on the attack phase for 2 days but, I am doing 5 then I will have the veg on the list that my tummy can tolerate, I am thinking of making stuffed courgette, aubergines and beef tomatoes with stuffed with lean beef or turkey mince. this morning I nearly gave in and almost had a bar of chocolate I woke up with terrible cravings, but, made myself a crab burgers using a tin of crabmeat mixed with, onion corriander and bound together by an eggwhite it fell apart in the pan as of course did not use any oil will grill next time!!
Good luck everyone it is great to read all your comments and tips. X Very Happy
peachcat
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I am Peachcat..

Post  Caz on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:15 am

Hi good luck with the diet, sounds like you're doing great already. I started this for exactly the same reason as you. I have the same issues with veg and salads but have found (by some miracle) that this diet is really good for my tum! Have been eating the pancakes ok with the oatbran and am being careful on the pv days in picking the right things, clearly the balance between the protein and fibre is exactly right for me. I feel better than I've done for ages, my tum is more settled than its been for a very long time and I'm losing weight!
Hope it continues to go well for you.
Caz
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peachcat on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 am

Caz, hiya I am pleased tis is working for you, most people look at me as if I am nuts or I am making excuses about not being able to eat fruit and veg as then will usually reach for a bar of chocolate. Good luck. X
peachcat
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 am

Hi peachcat,

The attack phase is not an easy one for those who like vegetables. I remember my attack phase. I was so motivated that for 7 days, my meals were made with eggs. I was disgusted with eggs for several weeks, but in the end, I had a very good start, and that sharpened my motivation. And still now, when I feel that my motivation is lowering, i remember this attack phase, and i'm reboosted!
Be patient. Days are going fast, and 5 days is just nothing regarding the loss you will get in reward :-)

Good luck with your diet, and welcome to this board :-)

Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dukan-diet.open-board.com

Back to top Go down

Post  peachcat on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:38 am

Dear Administrator, thank you very much for your message, I feel very motivated, my normal daily diet also due to my job consist of cakes, chocolate bars, cheese and ice cream!! I have a week off work so I thought this would be a great time to start also, I ordered the book from amazon it was not due till mid may I have received confirmation that the book has been dispatched, cant wait to read it!!
So excited at last a diet plan that agrees with me
thank you
very warm regards
Peachcat
peachcat
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 am

Hi peachcat,

Just stop buying those sweets, and you'll see that in a near future you won't even look at them at the supermarket.
I replaced those chocolates by surimi sticks. When I feel the need of chocolate, i eat some surimi sticks.

And believe me, forgetting about chocolate is something that you can do, cause I did it, and i'm from the country where they make the best chocolate in the world : Belgium ^^

Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dukan-diet.open-board.com

Back to top Go down

Post  peachcat on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Ha Ha Dear Administrator, I have not had any chocolate since I started the attack phase, never thought that would ever be possible!!! there is chocolate in the house and I have not been near it only a little thought this morning!!
Thank you for your support
Peachcat
Ps Leonidis are my favourite chocolates ever especially the white chocolate coffee creams!! Smile
peachcat
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum