Another newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another newbie

Post  TMcM on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi there, I am Tracey and live in Scotland, I am now on Day 3 of PP, I am hoping (fingers crossed tightly) to lose around 20lbs. Was hoping that you could help me with a few questions please?

1. I have read that its mandatory to do 20mins brisk walking every day but also that in your attack phase not to do any exercise? Which is the right answer please - i have done a bit of both!

2. Non Fat cottage cheese? does this actually exist or are people just buying low fat?

3. What would be massively useful is for those in the know to tell us specifically what we can buy from certain supermarkets for non-fat vs low-fat produce, so any handy hints most appreciated.

4. Can we eat parma ham?

5. Are fresh herbs allowed?

All answers welcomed Smile

Good luck everyone!!!

Tracey

ps have pre-ordered the book so hopefully winging its way to me next week.

TMcM
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another newbie

Post  belethca1wen on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:28 pm

TMcM wrote:Hi there, I am Tracey and live in Scotland, I am now on Day 3 of PP, I am hoping (fingers crossed tightly) to lose around 20lbs. Was hoping that you could help me with a few questions please?

1. I have read that its mandatory to do 20mins brisk walking every day but also that in your attack phase not to do any exercise? Which is the right answer please - i have done a bit of both!

2. Non Fat cottage cheese? does this actually exist or are people just buying low fat?

3. What would be massively useful is for those in the know to tell us specifically what we can buy from certain supermarkets for non-fat vs low-fat produce, so any handy hints most appreciated.

4. Can we eat parma ham?

5. Are fresh herbs allowed?

All answers welcomed Smile

Good luck everyone!!!

Tracey

ps have pre-ordered the book so hopefully winging its way to me next week.

Heyya,

The people in the know have already given a lot of answers to many questions here as well as on facebook so looking through those would be a good start cauz you may always discover something you haven't thought about. I'm not in england/scotland so I personally can't give any information about which specific products but for attack phase anything under 2% fat is ok to use (obviously the least the better and the more you can induldge). The walking is very important during the attack phase as well! The only thing to be aware of is that your energy levels may not be as good and that's why it's advised not to overdo any sessions at the gym for example. I don't know parma ham but if it's under2% it should be fine..
Fresh herbs are definitely allowed!! You need to be able to make yourself food that tastes nice so that you keep going.

Good luck! Smile
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGrey on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

TMcM wrote:

4. Can we eat parma ham?

5. Are fresh herbs allowed?.

Hi Tracey!
1. I do an hour of boot camp (very strenuous outdoor circuit training and cardio) each morning, followed by an hour on our home elliptical machine (crosstrainer, I think you call them). We also do a 40 mile bike ride on the beach every Saturday, and I ride my bike all over town each day to do errands. I only felt really tired once, on day 3 or 4 of Attack, and that day I cut back and just rested on the couch after boot camp. I think the best rule of thumb is if you feel tired, rest. If not, do as much exercise as feels comfortable to you.

2. Here in the States we do have nonfat cottage cheese. What I'm looking for that doesn't seem to exist is ORGANIC nonfat cottage cheese. *shakes fist*

4. Yesterday my weight jumped back up 2 pounds! I suspected it's because I ate too much salty deli meat the day before. Avoided it yesterday, and poof, the 2 pounds are gone and then some. So I'd say to get your deli meat as low-sodium as possible (we have no-salt turkey breast) and only eat it once a day.

5. Everything I've read says mint, basil, chives, lemons etc. are allowed even on attack. It certainly breaks up the monotony!

Hope this helps,

Michaela
MissGrey
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Tracey

1. I still walked for 20mins, which I do anyway, during the PP phase. I have increased it to 40mins - 1hr now I'm out of the Attack phase.

2. I eat: Total 0% greek syle yogurt. Quark is 0% but isn't a cottage cheese (if you're being pedantic) but is basically the same thing. If I'm making a sandwich filling I will make a 'mayonaise' effect out of Marks & Spencer low fat yogurt 4% 'cos it tastes much nicer than Total.

3. Total and Quark should be available from the Major UK supermarkets. All supermarkets have their own brands and they usually have the percentage i.e 1.2% etc. written prominantly on the pot.

4. I think Parma ham may be too salty. You need low sodium as well as low carb.

5. I don't add the herbs on PP days but they are probably OK. Coriander adds a lot of flavour. Very Happy
Simon

View user profile http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top