Hi everyone, I'm Louise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi everyone, I'm Louise

Post  Louise67 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

My names Louise & I am on Day 3 of the Attack Phase. I am a size 16 at the moment & hoping to get down to a healthy size 12, and to weigh approx 11st 7 lb. I do not know what I weigh at the moment because I am too ashamed to weigh myself but I know from past size etc. I am approx 14 stone, probably over if I am honest.

I first saw this diet in the Daily Mail, researched it on the net, followed Simon's Blog ( which is brilliant).

Good luck to everyone Very Happy

Lou flower

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone, I'm Louise

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Welcome to this board, and good luck in your challenge Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dukan-diet.open-board.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGrey on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Welcome Louise!

I encourage you to weigh yourself - only when you feel ready, maybe give it a week or two. I say this because seeing the number drop every morning (by a steady pound a day in my case) has been incredibly motivating!

Hang in there, and welcome once again.
MissGrey
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:29 pm

HELLO! cheers
Simon

View user profile http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Fishy on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Welcome Louise.

I would encourage you to get some scales pretty snappy because otherwise you are going to miss out on the enjoyment of seeing the punds count down. I have been on the diet for two days and I have already lost 5 lb despite not having to loose a massive amount over all. On the first day of the diet I actually wrote down in this forum how much I weigh. I have never gone public with that kind of information before but I'm hoping that it will keep me motivated.

Good luck

Miss Fishy
Miss Fishy
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weighed myself...

Post  Louise67 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi All,

I took the plunge & weighed myself today & I mentioned I thought I was 14 stones or thereabouts... wishful thinking I am 15 st 4 lb, but still fit in a size 16 Goodness knows how though.. Embarassed
Anyway at least I know now. I am on Day 4 of Attack & am wondering should I stay on Attack for 10 days because I weigh more than I thought. What does anyone think about this please? bounce

Thanks all & I hope you are all ok too

Love Lou flower

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGrey on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi Louise,

Hang in there - weighing yourself the first time is always the hardest, and now you get to see the numbers go down, down, down!

I've read on some blogs that people did PP for 10 days, so it is possible. If you do, though, up your water intake even more so you don't hurt your kidneys. Personally we never did PP - just went into semi-PV (proteins all day, one or two low GI veg with dinner) and I am losing a pound a day regardless. The important thing is cutting the carbs, sugar, and fat out of your diet. Do what feels most comfortable and easy for you - you're going to be eating like this for a while no matter how long you stay in attack!

Smile
MissGrey
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Louise67 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Ah thanks MissGrey,

I am so disappointed with myself for getting so heavy, but at least I know now eh Shocked

I think I will stay on Proteins only for 10 days & by then hopefully I will have the book, plus I have the support on here & the very helpful Simon with all the recipe's too Smile I also check Dukan out on Facebook have you been on there and had a look ? I have to say my trousers are looser than what they were so I am going to keep on as I had got to the stage where I was extremely uncomfortable & I do feel better for being on it & it's only my 4th day..

You sound like you are doing really well too, it's great isn't it, I bet you are really pleased Very Happy

Love Louise xx

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGrey on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey, don't punish yourself!

Have you read http://www.gabrielmethod.com/ ? He makes some really important points about weight and emotions. As long as we see ourselves as "bad" for gaining weight, then dieting will always feel like a punishment, and we're doomed to gain the weight right back because not dieting is the "sinful treat." Eating healthy foods and exercising daily should feel like the "treat!"

I admit I've fallen into this trap myself, and have beat myself up for not looking the way I used to, but I try not to focus on "good" and "bad" behaviors around food and exercise. Instead I am concentrating on being healthy and happy. And boy, I am happy to see the weight fall off while eating such healthy, tasty food! Smile

love and support,

M
MissGrey
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Fishy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi Louise

Well done for stepping on the scales. Stick to PP for as long as you can stomach it but don't do it longer than strictly necessary otherwise you may 'fall off the wagon'. I am on day 4 so last day tomorrow for me and I can't wait to taste veggies again.

Good luck

Miss Fishy
Miss Fishy
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Louise67 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks so much Miss Fishy & Missgrey,

I am feeling quite tired now so I shall have a bath & go to bed I think. I am going to stick to protein only for 10 days then I think do 5 days pv , then 5 days just protein etc. as I read somewhere this is the most effective way to do it for the amount of weight that I want to lose.
I will check out that website too Missgrey as it sounds very interesting.

So glad I have your support as you are both very positive & strong people, thank you Smile

Lou flower xxx

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top