Dukan diet oat bran toast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Simon on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

- 3 tablespoons of oat bran
- 2 tablespoons of low fat yogurt
- 1 egg

Mix the above in a bowl. Then heat up a non-stick pan. Spray on a squirt of oil and pour the mixture it. Even out with a spoon. You want it to be about a centimetre thick. Flip when the first side is cooked and do the other one. The mixture should be caramel brown and fluffy when cooked.

Turn out onto a plate and then with flat-bottomed plate, press down onto the cooked oat bran. Apply pressure for 10 secs. With a sharp knife cut off the corners so the cooked oat bran is rectangular.

*** Don't discard the trimmings. Cut them into pieces and add to some low fat yogurt for a delicious breakfast! ***

Turn on the grill and grill the cooked oat bran until toasted on both sides.

Take out, allow to cool, and enjoy!

Serving suggestion

A more detailed Dukan diet oat bran recipe is available on my Dukan diet blog Very Happy
Simon

View user profile http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Re: Dukan diet oat bran toast

Post  Gem on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 am

looks great. will try.

but do you think it's too 'carby' for Attack? Or it's OK during the first phase?

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:48 am

Gem wrote:looks great. will try.

but do you think it's too 'carby' for Attack? Or it's OK during the first phase?

You have to get your 3 spoonfulls in of oat and wheat bran! They aren't carby because they just pass through you and are actually very important Smile
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gem on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 pm

no they are not pure fiber that pass through with no absoption, just the carb is relatively lower in them than in oat or wheat. If you look up the composition of them you will find that. I guess that's why someone said in different editions of dukan's book, he has different quota for bran, especially during the first phase.
anyway I'm starting my 2nd phase from tomorrow, this toast will be suitable anyway!

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:33 pm

Just stating what Dukan says about making sure to eat them Smile Obviously you can do whatever you feel seems right to you
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Fishy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks for that one Simon. It's on the top of my list for Saturday.

Miss Fishy
Miss Fishy
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:40 pm

You need to eat your oat bran on PP and PV days Dukan dieters! What a Face
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gem on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 am

My new non-sticky pan arrived yesterday! I could not wait to try your recipes Simon. I stayed in the kitchen up until 11 pm last night to do my 'lab experiments', after back from the gym hot yoga class. Smile

They turned out to be great success. But I was calm enough to cut them into halves instead of enjoy my success by eating them up...

I also made the oatbran bread with yeast. It's much easier than I expected. I put some splenda and made the sweet 'bread'. The structure is actually not so 'breadlike', but like some thick and moist cake...But I still love it. I spread some cinnamon on the surface.

There are various delicious foods around us. Two colleagues beside me are sharing a cheese cake! But for us dieters, we can only be really creative to make the whole program interesting and persistant. Months later, I will be able to join them and I promise I'll grab the biggest piece!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 am

Gem wrote:My new non-sticky pan arrived yesterday! I could not wait to try your recipes Simon. I stayed in the kitchen up until 11 pm last night to do my 'lab experiments', after back from the gym hot yoga class. Smile

Do you think you're ready for the Dukan diet TUNA FLAPJACK
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gem on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:31 am

not brave enough yet...need some mental construction before taking action, lol. I always wonder if it will taste weird.

But I'm considerting making one tuna flapjack tonight and pack it in my bag for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the opening day of the World Expo here. I'm going to the Expo park. I need to bring my own food with me in case there's no suitable food served there. Any good idea about that? I really need some 'legal' food, which is preservable and able to fill my stomach for the whole day of tomorrow.

I also have one question Simon.

How much roughly does one tsp of bran weigh? 2g? 3g?

Coz tsp is not a common unit here, I always worry that I exceed the quota.

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:07 pm

A tsp is teaspoon
We want a tablespoon

Using this conversion tool I tablespoon is around 10g (a teaspoon is just under a gram)

I never know if it's meant to be heaped and if so how heaped but I don't really bother about it.

If you make these flapjacks do add some herbs and spices. Use shredded chicken if you don't want fish. And grill well. You would be able to put one wrapped in cling film, or saran wrap, or whatever you call it Very Happy and take it out with you.

You can also roll the mixture into 'bites' or croquettes and eat them that way.
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  mjkelly on Sun May 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Simon wrote:
Gem wrote:My new non-sticky pan arrived yesterday! I could not wait to try your recipes Simon. I stayed in the kitchen up until 11 pm last night to do my 'lab experiments', after back from the gym hot yoga class. Smile

Do you think you're ready for the Dukan diet TUNA FLAPJACK

I just cooked this. Fantastic here are my additives
1 egg
2 tblspns oat bran
I tblspn Cottage Cheese
1 tspn herbs du provence
quarter chopped onion
dash of lemon juice
dash of skimmed milk
Salt & pepper

Mix the lot in a bowl. Put half in a hot pan press it down little bland so I sprinkled some lemon juice over it. Was good.

For the other half of the mix I added a tspn tomato puree as an experimant. Even better LOL.
mjkelly
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

oatbran toast

Post  natalie on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:45 pm

looks delicious! will try

natalie
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LVLLT on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:08 pm

we are only supposed to have 2tbsp of oatbran after attack arent we? so how come this has 3 tbsps? or does it make a couple of slices?

LVLLT
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OATBRAN CONFUSION

Post  santie on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 pm

LVLLT wrote:we are only supposed to have 2tbsp of oatbran after attack arent we? so how come this has 3 tbsps? or does it make a couple of slices?

According to my information (the DD book) you are only allowed one and half tbsp of oatbran on the attack.
2 tbsp thereafter. In South Africa (where I am) 1 tbsp is 15ml, so one and half tbsp would be +- 22ml.
There are 3 teaspoons (5ml) in 1 tablespoon. Hope this helps.

santie
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mummymouse on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi all

OOOHH simon your ideas sound scruuuummmmyyyyy.

re table spoon sizes for others that don't use this measurement, you can do a rough guess. Use a dessert spoon and heap it, that should be about 1 tablespoon(tbs)
when using table spoon anything liquid is level on the spoon, any thing heavy ( sugar ) should be level. Light things such as flour/cornflour/icing sugar/sweetener is heaped.

Oatbran is the outer husk of the oat, and helps to absorb any liquids and also fill you up and make you regular.

I have mine as porridge. I have always had 2tbs every morning, with about 1/2 pint of milk.
(lost 32lb in 6 weeks)

Its really important to eat your oat bran.

MMxxx
Very Happy

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top