Francesca's Log Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Francesca's Log Book

Post  Francesca on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:27 am

Well I thought I'd post my progress as I go along...

At my heaviest I was 127kgs eeeek!!!
Over the last year I have lost 3 stone and prior to starting the Attack Phase I weighed 108kgs.
I am on day 6 of the Attach Phase and I'm now down to 105.4kgs. I am really happy with the rate of loss as I had hit a plateau and it's nice to get losing again. My ideal Dukan weight is 87kgs so I have 18.6kgs to lose.

Starting Weight: 108kgs
Current Weight: 105.4kgs
Weight Lost: 2.6kgs
Current Phase: Attack

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 8

Post  Francesca on Sat May 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Weighed in today and am delighted with the results so far. My weightloss is going at more than double the rate it was at its best on calorie counting and exercise alone. I've stopped any heavy duty exercise until I finish the Attack phase though as I don't think my body has the energy for that at the moment but I'm still doing some light jogging and cycling.
I'm going to try Kangeroo tonight for a bit of a change, it's not on the list but its very high in protein and lower in fat than beef so I figure it wont be a problem. 2 more days until I can add in some yummy veggies, then I can start getting really creative. I'm quite an adventurous cook anyway so if I come up with any good Dukan recipes I'll be sure to post them.

Current Weight: 104kgs
Weight Lost: 4kgs

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 10

Post  Francesca on Mon May 03, 2010 10:48 am

Final day of attack!!! Yay!!!
I bought some yummy asparagus in anticipation of tomorrow - I can't wait. I'm really please with the results especially due to the fact my scales have confirmed that it is bodyfat I'm losing and not muscle. I did a certain other low carb diet previously and found I lost muscle mass. I feel pretty loopy in the mornings at the moment until I've eaten but those oatbran pancakes are fantastic, I've been making them savoury and using them as tortilla wraps. I found a great meal is pancake with turkey ham, chicken and a dollop of fat free fromage frais.

Current Weight: 103kgs
Weight Lost: 5kgs (11lbs)

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Francesca's Log Book

Post  Paris on Tue May 04, 2010 11:56 am

Sounds like you are doing fantastic! well done!

Paris
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Grrrrrr

Post  Francesca on Wed May 05, 2010 9:46 am

So third day on PV and I've gained half a kilo. I know its not much but its a little disappointing. I'm off on holiday next week and desperately wanted to get below 16 stone before I go. That will take me to my lightest in 10 years. Now that's looking fairly unlikely. I'm going back to PP tomorrow until I go away as I will be doing PV whilst away as PP will be virtually impossible.

Luckily this holiday I should be able to be pretty active so hopefully I will continue to lose whilst away. I've spent the last two summers stuck in bed following back surgery for a slipped disc so this is the year for me I hope.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Did anyone else gain when first switching to PV?

Current Weight: 103.5kgs
Weight Lost: 4.5kgs

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First big slip up

Post  Francesca on Fri May 07, 2010 9:18 am

Oh dear......

Yesterday was my first big slip. Coming home from work feeling exhausted I just couldn't face cooking so I sent my hubby to go get KFC. I tried to mitigate it by only having Chicken with no chips or sides to try and keep the carbs to a minimum but I know it was still a bad choice. Paying for it today as I gained half a kilo.

Back to the yoghurt and oatbran this morning though hoping my willpower will hold out as my company buys us all cakes and pastries on a Friday and they are very hard to resist when everyone around you is eating them at the same time. I may have to go lock myself in a toilet until they are all gone.

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico on Fri May 07, 2010 10:09 am

Any new eating plan is difficult, at first, and requires great discipline. We have old habits that kick in when we are weak and we simply slip up, but that is because we are still trying to create the new habits and they are not quite in place. Don't beat yourself up about it, we all do it! What is most important is to not think that we can't do it but that we are still in the re-learning phase and our mind and body have not caught up with the new regime, as of yet.

Keep moving forward, don't think-*OMG this is never going to work and I am destined to fail unless I lock myself in the toilet* because the result is self-doubt and each time you face the same temptation you will always be thinking you need to run away then face up to the challenge. This is all a challenge and all about changing your relationship with food. Just keep going, don't look back, and set yourself some achievable goals. If you are faced with tempting cakes/pastries at work, then bring something to eat with you that you can munch on when the temptation hits. Perhaps it is a sign you are hungry? If you do eat something and you really didn't need it at that time, then perhaps it is psychological and your brain just said" It's cake, eat me!" Probably what you will find is that you may not actually be hungry and your didn't need to eat, but if you are hungry then you have solved the problem and eaten something.

It will get easier Very Happy.

Till next time, stay focused and keep the faith! farao .
Nico
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So far off the wagon I'm off the rails

Post  Francesca on Fri May 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!!!

Well holiday didn't go well. I pretty much gave up trying to follow the diet as the options just weren't available. However I've been back nearly a week and I can feel myself making all the excuses under the sun about why I haven't started back on it again.

Admittedly it is my birthday next week and I am due to go to several meals with various family and friends this weekend and then the following weekend I am away on a diving trip where all the meals are provided so I have no control over the food.

I'm kind of thinking that I will start attack again when I return but I also feel like i'm just making excuses.

Oh and the damage from the holiday was around 3kg gain - not good at all. I also damaged my calf muscles doing a 16km gorge walk so haven't been able to go to my normal work out classes this week - all in all a bit of a diet disaster.

Not to worry I WILL get back on the wagon but I think it will have to wait until after the bank holiday weekend, in the meantime damage control!!!

Current Weight: 105.2kgs
Weight Lost: 2.8kgs
Current Phase: Damage Control affraid

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Time to get back on track (Attack)

Post  Francesca on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 am

OK So a few weeks off for various reasons such as holidays, birthdays etc was not great but didn't go as badly as I first thought. Currently weighing in at 104.3 which is a net gain of only a kilo or so. In theory I will have regained fluids when I came off the diet anyway so hopefully it should fall back off pretty quick.
So starting a fresh from today I'm planning on doing 10 days of attack as I still have ~30kg to lose. I've stocked the fridge with lean rump steaks, chicken breasts and salmon fillets along with yogurt and fat free fromage frais. Now if only you could buy will power.....

Current Weight: 104.3kgs
Weight Lost: 3.7kgs

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good Luck

Post  Miv on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:26 pm

I hope your new attack goes well. Very Happy

Miv
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 3 Attack

Post  Francesca on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 am

When I checked my weight again I was actually 105.4 at the beginning of the new attack phase. Day three and I've lost a kilo already. I'm only doing 5 days on attack this time as I am away on a dive trip this weekend and its a bit risky diving without any carbs as you need the energy. Typically ever since cutting out veggies I've had major cravings for Asparagus and Mr Olivers adverts telling me that they are at their best now is not helping!!!

Also had to battle through watching my husband eat a pizza with all the extras last night right in front of me - I nearly gave in but I was strong and I'm very proud of myself for resisting.

Feeling pretty tired today but I had some yummy smoked salmon and poached eggs for breakfast to perk me up a bit. I've also found that 0% fat Fromage Frais (to go with my oatbran) is much easier to eat than fat free greek yogurt. Last time around I was eating Muller Light Vanilla Yogurts but I think they have too much fructose in them, does anyone happen to know if these are alright?

Current Weight: 104.4kgs
Weight Lost: 3.6kgs

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 4 Attack

Post  Francesca on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:47 am

Good progress nearly another kg down overnight, but sooooooo tired....
Off to see Bon Jovi in concert tonight and i'm not entirely sure i will be able to stay awake, but the numbers make it worth while.
Dinner last night was scrummy I did a surf and turf with lean rump steak and scallops done with some herbs and black pepper.

Current Weight: 103.6kgs
Weight Lost: 4.4kgs

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well Done!

Post  kimba on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:36 am

Hi Francesca, I am only new (as of today) to this site but I just love reading all the blogs about progress and slip ups. It just means we are all human and the best thing is that you didn't give up, you got straight back on that horse Very Happy
I have encouraged my partner to try it with me so he doesn't snack on things that I can't have YET. The light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that this eating plan allows you to go back to eating regular foods but makes you more aware of what works and what doesn't.
Keep the faith flower
kimba
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I didn't give up honest

Post  Francesca on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 am

Hi all,

Hope all your journeys are going well.

I haven't updated for a little while as I had to stop doing the Dukan diet. I would like to add that this was not because I thought it didn't work - it worked great. However I found out recently that I am pregnant (after several years of trying due to PCOS). Dieting certainly played a part in making this a reality. I would like to say to anyone in a similar situation don't give up because losing weight really can make the difference.

Good Luck all x

Francesca

Francesca
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Congratulations. That's wonderful news.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

re: I didn't give up....

Post  hlinds on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Wow how great for you!!!! Little ones are awesome!!!! My husband and I are experiencing our first Grandbaby and I must say it has been such a delight!!!! Take care and well wishes to you and your family.

Heidi cheers

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Francesca

Post  mummymouse on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:49 pm

WHAT AMAZING NEWS.
I am soooooooooooooo thrilled and happy for you and your partner. Make sure you look after yourself, baby comes before diet, but you are smart enough to know that.

Wow how fantastic must that have been to suddenly find out you are having a baby. Utterly thrilled for you and your family.
Sleep lots , eat lots ( of the right stuff) and enjoy every moment.

Keep us posted along the way.

HUGS

MMxxx cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wonderful news

Post  CarolH on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Wonderful news but I didnt read the bit in the book that said doing the diet makes you pregnant, so thats a bit worrying (joke).

You will be so much better of healthwise by having lost all the weight and goodness me wasnt it worth it. The good thing is that you now know how to get back in shape afterwards, so no worries.

Take care

CarolHXXX

CarolH
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top