Hi, I am Amanda

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi, I am Amanda

Post  Paris on Tue May 04, 2010 10:42 am

Hi, i started the Dukan diet a week last Sunday after reading about it in the Daily Mail, prev i was following a high fat low carb diet and was doing ok on it. I need to lose about 8 kilos which i put on during my pregnancy (my little girl is 17 weeks old).

I was doing really well then since thursday i have lost nothing, despite going swimming and for a half hour run (first one in two years). so feeling a tad unmotivated at the moment :-(

Paris
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, I am Amanda

Post  Louise67 on Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Amanda,

Dont give up!! I am on day 9 of Attack. I had 24 kilos to lose & I now have 21 kilo's, seems such a long way to go but I wont give up, I have put silver stars on my calender & I don't want to break my pattern up, silly I know...

Have you joined the Dukan Fan Page on Face Book there are lots of ideas there, plus there is a french girl who has a really useful blog online I could post the link if you like, I think it's allowed on here. Plus there is a man called Simon on here who has some really useful tips also.

Drink plenty of water, make sure you have your oatbran too as these two things are extremely important. I am sure other people can give great advice as I am only a new starter really & don't know all the tips etc.

Good luck ,

LOve Louise flower

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris on Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks Louise, yes i joined the FB thread too, anything to help hey!

i hadnt got the bran but my hubby bought it for us today, he is doing it too which helps.

your doing really well on it, what sort of stuff do you eat during the day?

x

Paris
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Louise67 on Tue May 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi Amanda,

I eat
Diet Cherry coke helps me cos of my sweet tooth, i have sugar free gum which is based on aspartme.

2 litres of water a day

I eat 0 % Fat Greek Style yoghurt ( unlimited) I get this from Sainsburys. You can add granulated sweetener to this, plus ground ginger or cinammon if you fancy something sweet.

You can also make meringues from Egg Whites & add the granulated sweetener.

Salmon, tuna in spring water ( make a mayonaise from the greek yoghurt with black pepper & fresh chives. You can have gherkins, shallots. Trout, mackeral etc.

Low fat meats ie ham, chicken slices, I like the Turkey Pastrami from Sainsbury's anything with low fat or 0% fat.

Use the spray oil Sainsburys does it & if you haven't already got one get a good non stick pan for when you cook your gallette ( pancake).

The pancake recipe is on the Facebook Fan Page & on Simons Blog. You can also pre make these a couple of days in advance & keep in the fridge. You can add various herbs & spices to make it savoury or like me with the sweet tooth granulated sugar & some lemon juice & it is not dissimilar to a traditional pancake. It is suggested you have the pancake in the morning as it sets you up for the day. You can serve salmon with the pancake & a poached egg also if you fancy.

http://dukandieter.blogspot.com/2010/04/importance-of-snacks-and-anticipation.html Link to good info from a French lady who is doing really well & has lots of recipe idea's ( easy ones)

http://dukan-diet.info/ This is a link to Simons blog which I have found invaluable, he is brilliant I have to say.

It's good your husband is doing it too, it will help him understand more about what you are doing & you can bounce idea's off of each other.

Keep in touch,

Love Lou flower

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top