70 Lbs in total

View previous topic View next topic Go down

70 Lbs in total

Post  Nico on Tue May 11, 2010 12:07 am

Hallo Everyone Very Happy ,

I thought I would start my own Logbook as a way for me to formulate my thoughts and just to let everyone know how I am doing.

I did 10 days of the Attack Phase and lost 8lbs so was pleased with that. I began the Cruise Phase last Thursday and I am going with the alternating protein/protein veg days (1/1) as I think that would be easiest to handle.

As of today I lost an additional pound so total weight loss=9lbs. After doing this for two weeks, I think that is great cheers! Now just 61lbs to go-ugh! It's a good start and really this has been quite easy to follow and the best part is I feel a lot better. I have been trying to find the correct eating regime for a while now as I gained a tremendous amount of weight after being on some medications for an auto-immune disease. After finally going off all but one medication, I was left with more weight then anyone can ever want! Through trial and error I have tried different eating plans, not so much to lose weight (although that is part of it) but to generally feel more healthy and not feel so miserable physically. I went the Vegan way and it backfired and my body couldn't handle it and it had more of an adverse effect then anything else. I stuck with soups, salad and healthy bread but even then I felt like rubbish. Then I just ate fish and veggies with fruit and healthy grains, but even then I continued to have tummy problems, no weight loss and felt lethargic all the time.

so I have been going the route of elimination and thought-sheesh maybe it is a carb issue and my body can't metabolize this stuff too well. Perhaps it is a wheat or gluten issue also. None the less after trying different ways of eating I happened upon this diet and thought-well this could be another possible route by eliminating carbs in general, and perhaps I might get some relief. Well I have to say after two weeks, my tummy problems have disappeared and I no longer want to fall asleep after eating so YAY!

The bottom line is I am dropping weight, I no longer feel ill and my energy levels are finally improving. I have always been a big person, as I am large boned, but I was an athlete when I was younger and you could get away with looking a wee bit bulky. I used to swim competitively and I would like to get back into swimming for exercise and go the route of marathon swimming for fitness but I will wait for now to get back into that as I don't want to be seen dead in a swimsuit at the moment Embarassed .

I will come on periodically and let you know how things are going. I won't list what I eat everyday as it is not that important but rest assured I am eating properly and following the correct regime Smile.

Till next time, stay focused and keep the faith farao .
Nico
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 70 Lbs in total

Post  Nico on Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Hallo Smile,

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 1lb so very pleased with that. I am now wearing jeans that are one size smaller and I have had to pull in my belt by two notches/holes-YAY!

Things are going well and I am quite happy with the progress. I have no doubt that if I keep it up I will be successful and lose a fair amount of weight and continue to feel better. I want to lose as much as I can by September and not have to lug around this extra weight aymore. I have high hopes Very Happy.

N farao .
Nico
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu May 13, 2010 12:03 pm

This is the best reward you can have when your belt is too big, or you can size down your clothes.
Keep it like this! Thumb ups Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dukan-diet.open-board.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico on Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Smile.

It is great when you begin to notice your belt or clothes are fitting better and even if the weight remains the same, it seems we do lose inches off parts of our body. I am pleased and finding this new way of eating very easy. It helps, too, that I feel healthier in the process!

farao
N
Nico
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico on Tue May 18, 2010 12:50 am

So far so good. As of today I have lost 14 lbs (1 stone) and it feels great to be able to say that cheers!

Over the weekend my friend said "Your head looks smaller" Laughing . Then she said "That's not what I meant! I meant your face looks thinner". Either way I was pleased that something looked smaller!

I also attended a BBQ on Saturday for work and it was not hard at all to eat two small chicken pieces with some salad. I was offered bread and cheesecake and simply said "no thank you, I am fine". Truth be told, I had no problem turning it down as I simply did not want any. It's funny how in a short time, your cravings/taste changes. Who knew?!

I tried my old trousers (Old?! It's only been 3 weeks) and they are so loose now, it amazes me that 14 lbs of weight makes such a difference. Needless to say, I am pleased and continuing on happily Smile.

farao N.
Nico
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley on Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi Nico

Well done, we're at about the same stage on our dukan adventure!!
I'm not having the oatbran anymore. I found it made me crave carbs.
Started to feel alot healthier and I've really noticed a difference in my joints (particularly knees) from eating so much smoked mackerel!
What sort of stuff have you been eating?
Lesley
x

Lesley
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico on Wed May 19, 2010 12:01 am

Hallo Lesley Very Happy ,

I have been eating mostly lean protein: skinless chicken breasts, salmon filets, surimi, eggs now and again, smoked salmon w/ cottage cheese and occasionally some beef at the end of every week. I use my grilling machine for everything and it's great because it cooks the food very quickly and I have food left over for the next day or two. On my veggie days I eat a lot of raw stuff especially spinach, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms and simply add protein (cold meat like ham or chicken slices and occasionally pastrami as it has a nice flavour ) to it and it works well. I use different spices for some of the protein so it doesn't feel like I am eating the same thing over and over again! I also eat two helpings of yogurt a day and I add the oat bran into one portion of yogurt instead of making the pancake. I own an EasiYo yogurt maker and it makes 1Kg of yogurt each time. I like the low fat greek and low fat lemon and both do not contain sugar so they are quite tart, but nice. Occasionally I have eaten the Mullers yogurt but that artificial sweetner tastes icky to me so don't do it very often. It actually gives me headaches and the aftertaste is not very pleasant.

It's been pretty easy so far and I generally haven't suffered from any cravings. I actually didn't eat a lot of junk food before going on Dukan and have found that the carbs have been the main thing that has kept my weight on. I drink nothing but water normally so that has not been hard to do as I never really liked sodas or fruit juices so I am known to always have a bottle of water with me, everywhere I go. I also drink 1 cup of coffee a day with two teaspoons of real sugar instead of anything artificial. Again this has been my normal routine for a long time and once a week I try to meet with my friends and we go to a coffee house for a latte so again, it is not as though I have had to cut down on anything as this is the way it has always been. I know everyone will say: No you shouldn't have any sugar as it will make you crave things, but as I use so little I don't feel as though I have to give up everything unless it impeeds my progress-which it obviously hasn't based on my weight loss. If I suddenly find myself reaching for sweet things then I will re-think it all, but as it stands that is not a problem for me.

My digestive problems have disappeared and my joints are feeling less sore, so it's all good!

I hope you continue to have success on the diet and it works well for you. It is nice to have people who are going through the same thing you are and having a *buddy* of sorts who helps keep you moving forward. I check the site every day so if you want to stay in touch, I'll be ariound Smile .

farao N
Nico
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley on Fri May 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Hiya

Aww thanks for that!

I weighed yesterday morning, end of week 3. I'd only lost half a pound, but I'm ok with that. Cant expect huge numbers every week I suppose( although it would be nice!)

Went away to Plymouth for the weekend last weekend and didnt stick to it very well so not bad all in all!
I think I might try the oat bran in the yogurts, see if that tastes ok. I cant make those galette things right....keep sticking to the pan. Also I'm wary about eating too many eggs.

Keep in touch

lesley
x

Lesley
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iella on Tue May 25, 2010 6:49 pm

I make a sweet pancake using strawberry yoghurt, with the oatbran and egg but I found I was also having trouble with it sticking to the pan - the results still tasted good but it looked awful. I now put a tablespoon of mixture in various places round the pan to make 7 mini pancakes - much easier to flip and they taste great

Iella
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top