my dukan journey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my dukan journey

Post  davida on Tue May 11, 2010 9:20 am

Just got underway with the Diet & after 3 Attack days & 11 Weightloss days am now delighted to have lost 9lbs.Have another 34 days in this phase before getting to Cruise,hope I can keep it up. Still a little constipated but have taken the advice of an earlier post & sprinkle cinnamon onto my morning yoghurt & that seems to have helped.Am doing 2 PP days followed by 2 PA days.
Will keep this blog going on a weekly basis. Very Happy
Davida.

davida
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

my dukan journey.

Post  davida on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 am

Haven't posted for a week fell off the path of righteousness at the May Bank Holiday attending a family celebration & gained 1lb!!,however have been back on track for the last 7 days & my scales tell me that I've been a good boy & have now lost 13lbs in 40days so I'm 3lbs 12ozs away from my first weight goal with 7 days to go. The really good news is that I've lost 3 & a quarter inches off my stomach! Now that's a real improvement.Keep the faith!! Laughing davida

davida
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

my dukan journey.

Post  davida on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:56 am

After 45 days this last week, despite following the diet faithfully haven't lost anything.Am 3lbs away from my first goal of shedding 1 stone but these last 3 lbs are proving difficult to shift. I walk around 18 miles per week so am taking the excersise.Any motivational,helpful suggestions please? Sad

davida
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my dukan journey

Post  clare on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Motiviational tip - Be grateful for what you have achieved so far.

I've been on the diet for 8 days now, and, as at today, I'm currently 1 pound heavier than I was when I first started on it. The most I've dropped in that time is 2 pounds. No cheating on carbs at all. Am a regular 3 times a week aerobics/ step/body pump gym goer (and always have been, for over 20 yrs) so no issues with lack of exercise. I can only assume that even though I am eating nothing but steak/salmon/eggs/chicken/ 1.5/2 tblsp of oatbran and the odd zero fat natural yoghurt, I'm simply eating too much of it.

Now just imagine how motivated I'm feeling - talk about a body fighting back; and consider yourself lucky. I have 8kg to lose.

clare
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:02 am

It might be worth getting a doctor to check things such as thyroid problems, medication, hormones, etc.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clare on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 am

Yes, I've had suspicions along thyroid lines for a while but told myself that that's what people tell themselves when they are on a diet and have no will power; or when they get over 50 - i'm "only" 39 !! I did have blood tests last year (for just this reason - unexplained weight "creep") that said I was showing borderline high something or other that suggested an underactive thyroid and nurse said I needed to go back for a second test to see what happened next time before they took any further action. I suppose I'd better go back again and see what they say this time around. My other half says I must be the only person in the universe that can go on a high protein diet and not lose any weight !!! Crying or Very sad

This is actually the reason why I went on this diet - I thought if I changed my diet completely, it would "shock" my metabolism back into kick start. I was hoping to find other people on these forums who were having similar experience - eg no weight loss for 2 weeks but then sudden success ... which would then have given me hope

clare
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

my dukan journey

Post  davida on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 am

two weeks without weight loss although to be honest because of various circumstances have not been able to strictly adhere to the Diet.Should I return to the Attack phase for a few days to kick start me back into teh routine?Grateful for any suggestion, obviously I have to try harder and stick to the plan.Frustrating when I'm only 3lbs away from my first goal.
Look forward to some supportive replies. Embarassed

davida
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

my dukan journey

Post  davida on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am

After 80days on the Cruise phase I have now achieved my target loss of 1 stone just 10days beyond the planned time!
Delighted, now a question to those who are further on in this diet, I would like to shed a few more pounds will this weight loss continue if I continue on the Cruise phase for a further 3 weeks before going into the final phase,Consolidation? Look forward to some advice. Very Happy

davida
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top