The Admin logbook ^^

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Admin logbook ^^

Post  Admin on Thu May 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi everyone!

Lots of people are starting their own logbook, and that's a very good thing!
I think i should start mine and share my results.

My name is Chris, i'm 36 and i'm from Belgium. I never made a diet in my life, but after a trip to Serbia. I spoke with 2 friends and I can say they changed my life! We were discussing about stomach surgeries, and there in Serbia, it's something only the most rich people can do, so to my friends, it's nothing else than a dream. In Belgium it's almost free because the social security takes the cost of that surgery in charge.

So we went to the conclusion that not taking this surgery is stupid, and my overweight will kill me (i knew that ^^). We have a predominancy for overweight in the family. My dad died when I was 14. He had a heart atack at 52 years old. I had to live without him, and that's the biggest miss I ever had in my life. Now I'm father in my turn, and my daughter is 14 years old as well. That conversation with my Serbian friends made me aware that if I don't do anything, I can follow the example of my father, and I don't want to inflict that on my daughter!

So I came back to Belgium, went to my doctor with a list of questions, but the most important to me was that this surgery MUST be reversible. My doctor said it was, but by reading some forums, and followed the experiences of some people who had that by-pass surgery, I found out it was not that reversible. So I definitely turned the page on the surgery and i WON'T do it!

But still... My overwreight is there, and i must do something! That's why I decided to start a diet! Reading forums again about diets, and I found one that was successful for a lot of people. The Dukan Diet... And the very good new is that this diet is a paradise for those who like meat!

So I bought the book (6 Euros, that's a very big investment, right ? ^^), read it and started my diet on July 29th, 2009. Almost 9 month later, i'm proud to say that i've lost 52 lbs (I took back some weight recently but I reached 57 lbs loss).

My weight was 122,3 Kg (270 lbs) when I started, and as of today it's 98,8 Kg (218 Lbs). I'm proud to have a 2 number weight, and not 3. I totally throwed my wardrobe and now wearing XL clothes and not XXL! I shorten my belt, and people start to say "hey! You look good!" That never happened in my life! How motivating it is!

My cruise phase was supposed to end on April 24th, but it didn't. Many times, I cheated and took back some weight, but I refocused on the diet and started to loose again. This is just to tell everyone to never give up. It's human to sometimes feel weak or not in a good mood or whatever, but as soon as you refocus on the diet, you start to loose again! And that's the most important! The result is the most important! Not the time it took or the way you did it!

My leitmotiv in this diet is "The scale is NOT your ennemy!" So i went on the scale every single day and keep track of my weight.
Below is the graphic of my weight loss evolution. Sorry, it's in Kg and not in pounds, but the blue line trend is the thing to look at ^^

This logbook section is most difficult one. Loosing more than 60 lbs is a really big challenge. But by showing my reuslts, and showing that as a human I failed many times and refocused many times as well, you can reach your goal! I hope thse words will keep you motivated when you will need it.

Now that I started my own logbook, i'll keep you updated periodically :-)

Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dukan-diet.open-board.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Admin logbook ^^

Post  MissGrey on Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. It's so motivating to see how far you have come!
MissGrey
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Louise67 on Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us all.

Good luck to you Very Happy

Best Wishes,

Lou flower

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico on Mon May 17, 2010 1:07 am

Thank you for sharing your story with us. You have been on a long journey and you have certainly done well in continuing to lose weight Very Happy .

I know from my own experience that it is sometimes hard to stay focused and disciplined but it is all about perseverance! Part of the journey is not so much failing but being challenged to continue on. You are doing great and you should be proud of yourself Very Happy.

Keep us up to date from time to time and know that we are all here to help each other in support one another in our weight-loss. Even if we falter, having a community of people who understand is so very helpful. It keeps you motivated to move forward.

farao N
Nico
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:53 am

Hi all!

For some reasons, I was a bit absent of this forum and I apologize for that.

Anyway, after exactly 365 days of Dukan diet, I'm still far from my primary goal (which is to weigh 85 Kg), but I'm still proud of my results, and I don't give up until I reach it!

Here are the results : 25,8 Kg (57 lbs) lost, waist measurment -13 cm, hips measurment -16 cm , upper legs measurment -14,5 cm.
Changed my clothes from XXL size to XL. I feel better in my shape, I can clim 4 or 5 floors without being out of breath after passing the 1st floor, in one word, everything is POSITIVE!

My new resolution for my own Dukan new year is : Loose 26,5 Kg more (58 lbs) and have a better respect of the diet rules.

Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dukan-diet.open-board.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Wow, you've lost such a lot already. Well done. I've lost almost 11kg, with just over 24kg still to go. We might hit our goal weights almost at the same time if we both stick to it well. I'm in XL (Australian 16, US 14) too, and they are fitting better and better.
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Great Job!!!!

Post  hlinds on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:47 pm

I think you are amazing and have an amazing story - I am so glad you are doing this for yourself and your family!!!! You have accomplished so much, something to be so very proud of. My hat is off to you - bow -bow!!! Wishing you continued success!!!! Heidi cheers

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

well done, you are amazing

Post  mummymouse on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Well done to you all,

I loved reading all your entries. You are inspiring to all of us on this site and the newbies that will come .
I hope you are just as proud of yourself as we are of you. You made the choice, you followed it through, you taught yourself respect, trust, love and reward. What a journey you have been on and what an even better journey through life you will have, with a lighter body and happier soul and a long life a head. YOU WIN !!! Well done. Keep up the effort.

Huge well done hugs

Oh and MPTL77 ( or what ever you call yourself) What planet are you on and what's with the weird quotes? we don't need quotes on words from dictionaries!!!! we all know what and why and where a log books comes from. thats the 5th one so far. Why????

cheers cheers

MMxxx

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top