my weight loss journey - I'm serious this time :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my weight loss journey - I'm serious this time :)

Post  helena on Wed May 19, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm 30 year old mom. Before pregnancy I had 55kg and I was pretty active in sport (training tae bo). My weight went to 79 kg due to pregnancy. After months of weight training and cardio and periodic healthy eating Crying or Very sad I manged to drop weight to 64 kg and then...nothing. Its 64 kg for 3 years. My problem is: I'm addicted to sweets, I'm able to eat at once whole 300g chocolate, or 6-7 pancakes with jam or 2-3 pieces of baklava. I dedicate myself to healthy eating and training for a month or 20 days and suddenly when I see piece of cake or something delicious...its like drug to me, something snap in my head and I'm eating till explosion of my stomach Crying or Very sad So for the last 3 years I'm between 63-65 kg. 20 days of clean eating followed with 5 days of eating junk till exploding!
I HAD ENOUGH!
Now, I closed a deal with myself...I'm the master of my stomach and my mind, not the opposite. I want to lose fat and I will succeed! I want to lose fat not muscles, so I need to eat enough proteins (muscles are build from proteins) and cause during exercise first 15-20 min you are using carbs as fuel...so if I take none or very little carbs there's no other fuel than fat and my body has to use fat as fuel soon as I start working out! That is why I picked Dukan diet, it's the best for my goal!
Today is the second day of my journey. Eating cooked chicken breast all day yesterday and today ( half cup of 0.9% fat yogurt with 1 table spoon of flax seeds in the morning) and drinking at least 2l of water. Had to have coffee in the morning but black without sugar! Every afternoon 30 min of Jillian's 30 day shred video (training with her, not just watching Razz )

To keep myself of carbs I put my fat ass photo on the fridge and all over the kitchen right next to pic of Heidi Klum's ass Very Happy , when I compare myself I instantly lose appetite.
I really need your support also. Hope we can succeed together! Wish you all best of luck!
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

third day phase one

Post  helena on Thu May 20, 2010 11:01 am

Today is third day of attack phase. I wont step on scale till the end of this phase (which is 6 days). But I can see changes on me, my stomach is really flatter, I don't feel bloated, have more energy to workout and I don't miss carbs at all! 3 more days and will see if there are any changes in weight. Wink

Last edited by helena on Sun May 23, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

4th day

Post  helena on Fri May 21, 2010 11:59 am

It's going better than I hopped. Today is my 4th day, I don't crave for carbs and I'm never hungry. Last 3 days I ate only cooked chicken breast, about 1/2 kg daily with half cup 0.9% fat yogurt and tbsp of oats in the morning.
Today I prepared only 300g of chicken breasts but for dinner I'll eat cottage cheese (100g) and 4 egg whites.
Took some measurements this morning.
10 days ago: hips=102 cm and waist=72 cm
today: hips=100 cm and waist=69 cm

Guessing it's just extra water gone and I'm not bloated anymore, it's not just fat shred, but never mind, I feel great!!!!
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5th day

Post  helena on Sat May 22, 2010 11:46 am

Breakfast: 90g of cottage cheese with tbsp of flax seeds. Small cup of coffee, black, without sugar.
For lunch: chicken breast cooked, without salt or oil, only lean meat
Dinner: some more cottage cheese with 3-4 egg whites.

Moved to level two of Jillian's 30 day shred. Those are tough workouts but worth a million! My abs start to look great!
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

6th and the last day of attack phase

Post  helena on Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 am

This morning I was really really surprised! I took measurement tape to see how big are my hips and my waist. My hips dropped 1 cm (0.4 inch) more in size cheers I couldn't believe it so I took measurements from couple places: over butt, just under butt, over widest point of hips, just to be sure I'm not delusional lol! and WOW can not believe it, it is true, 1 cm down!!! Proteins really do their job and 30 min of workout every day is helping also!
Just finished 90g of cottage cheese with tbsp of flax seeds. Drinking my coffee and letting my stomach allay a bit from breakfast before workout! If you want fast results with Dukan diet and without saggy skin after losing weight, I highly recommend Jillian Michaels and her 30 day shred video! Like a Star @ heaven
Have to mention that my cellulite is a bit less visible this morning than 10 days ago!
I'm not yet sure what to eat for lunch and dinner! Maybe I'll try with fish fillets today. Got great results from chicken breast but I'm kind of bored with it!
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

end of attack phase

Post  helena on Sun May 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Just to add something at the end of this 6th day. Attack phase went great, no cheating, no extra carbs (kept them under 20g daily). No fish today nevertheless, but I ate 150g of cooked shrimps (from frozen, just meat) and then friends called me to early dinner. Couldn't say no, but nothing there was what I could eat, there was chicken breast, but buttered and fried and then overflowed with 40% fat sour cream and cheese. Wow it was delicious surely and smelled amazing but I was strong cheers Asked for some raw chicken breast, cooked it, cooked 3 eggs, used just whites and that was my dinner. Very Happy I'm really proud of myself.
Well, starting 5 PL days from tomorrow, adding some vegetables but aiming to keep carbs under 60g per day.
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

7th day of Dukan diet, 1th day of PL phase

Post  helena on Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am

I prepared some veggies today (young green onion, zucchini, a bit of eggplant, carrot, parsley) and cottage cheese, mix it all with tbsp of flax seeds. Just packed it and bring to the office with me, planing to eat that at breakfast. I took just 2 spoons of it and stopped. Thought I will throw up. Guess that mix of vegetables is not really great combination, eating onion and parsley with cheese without bread... and eggplant half cooked without salt...uggghhh. Trowed that away and bought cottage cheese light and yogurt with 0.9% fat, mix it with tbsp of flax seeds only and ate that. It was a great lesson, no strange mixes from now on, just one or two types of vegetables and something with no strong smell or taste (broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, carrot, spinach...) Young green onion from now on just cooked with meat.
I planned to eat veggies at every meal today but that went wrong, so for dinner cup of broccoli, cup of mushrooms, 1/2 cup of cauliflower with cooked shrimps.
That's still not 60g of carbs as I planned, not even half of it, but better less than extra out of plan! Wink

I don't have scale at home, so don't really know if I lost any pound. I'll try to go to the friend's house, just to weight myself. Can hardly wait to see results!
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

weighted myself finaly

Post  helena on Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 pm

After 6 days of attack phase I'm 2.5 kg ( 5.5 lbs ) down! cheers
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

8th day

Post  helena on Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am

Cottage cheese with tbsp of oat bran and black coffee for breakfast
snack: cooked broccoli and 3 egg whites.

lunch: broccoli and chicken breast

dinner: small fish fillet grilled, spinach, egg whites on top

I'll try a bit heavier workout today: "get extremely ripped" by Jari Love
Tough 45 min workout with dumbbells, 5l of sweat and sky high jumping heart, but I plan to eat allot of food today and 150g of proteins, think I can manage that! Cool
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

9th day

Post  helena on Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 am

Even if I ate about 1000 cal yesterday, I was more than full and that fish with spinach and egg whites was more than I can handle. My stomach was chock full and it didn't feel good!
But if I cut something from menu it will be under 1000 cal, not really healthy.
I decided to go with the same breakfast, snack and lunch as yesterday and for dinner maybe cottage cheese only with or without raw tomato.
Heavier workout with dumbbells went great! I'm a bit sore today but nothing to worry about! Train my legs yesterday, and today I'll focus on upper body Smile
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

measurement again :))

Post  helena on Wed May 26, 2010 10:46 pm

11.05.2010 : hips:102 cm, waist:72 cm
21.05.2010 : hips:100 cm, waist:69 cm
26.05.2010: hips: 98.5 cm, waist: 68.5 cm

wow! I'm satisfied! cheers
helena
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my weight loss journey - I'm serious this time :)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top